Will Jack now do the logical thing - demand Ben releases Kate and Sawyer and fully discloses what the hell os going on on the island in exchange for surgical expertise? I doubt it.

The blonde Other is clearly not to be trusted (although she is damn hot). I see her using this as a chance to get rid of Ben, who we'll discover in retrospect wasn't so bad. And that the new broad in charge is actually the really dangerous one.

Either that, or what she did was another test by Ben for Jack.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and who is the new couple? The guy using the bathroom in the hatch and the cute blonde girl?

Paolo and Nikki - they were introduced last episode at the end. Hopefully they'll be killed soon.

What's been killing me about this whole surgery thing is - Why didn't Ben just go ask Jack nicely in the beginning if he could work on him instead of putting all of them through the kidnapping and torture crap? Just doesn't make sense to me. That makes me think this is all a game. The only problem with it being a game is that Ben pulled Juliett aside and asked her why she showed Jack the x-rays, which to me proves the x-rays are his and legit. Comments on this? See ya later fellow lost and wilco freaks.

Right. Why would they essentially start a war with the Losties instead of just asking for help?

Those two new people are intensely annoying. I feel like they're superimposed over the original scenes because they look so out of place. It's like some Saturday Night Live video short.

[original scene]

Locke: Can you get these other TV's to go on, Sayid?

Sayid: I'm trying.........how about now?

Locke: Nothing yet.

Sayid (switching wires): And now?

Locke: There ya go.

[superimpose GQ model on right side of screen coming through a door]

[overdub toilet flushing sound effect]

SNL Castmember: The bathroom still works!

[canned laughter]

Eko?

Great, even the cast is bailing.

That doesn't make me feel good about the direction the show is going...I thought they had the main plotlines all figured out in advance to make sure it doesn't just go on and on with no idea of what's next. If they're able to write people out of the show it doesn't seem like they have a long term plan.

'Lost' in a flash: Comments of the week (from pop candy):

Note: This post contains spoilers about the Nov. 1 episode of Lost.

Wow, my eyes are tired after reading hundreds of comments about this week's episode. Here are 12 to ponder, unedited as they appear on the discussion thread:

1. You are right. The island is about redemption, but in the end Eko was not the best example of that. He didn't just refuse to confess but declared "I have not sinned!" That p---ed the island off! I was a little stunned myself when he said that. (I think it was a very important scene that belies the underlying theme of this show) The island demands redemption because redemption = better person = better civilization and the ensured continuation of humankind.

Posted by: Cindy | Nov 1, 2006 10:37:25 PM

2. Um, explain to me again how exactly Eko found "redemption"? Hacking up a bunch of people inside a church is a fairly big no-no, and he wasn't exactly apologetic about that. Sad to say that his death was fairly Catholic in that respect.

Now, if the producers are telling some version of the truth about Eko being a short-timer, his story arc actually has a nice bookend I think. When Eko first came to the Hatch, Locke was doing a crossword puzzle that had a clue about the Epic of Gilgamesh. Gilgamesh's sidekick, Inkidu (pardon my spelling), ends up dying at the end if I'm not mistaken. If Locke is Gilgamesh, then the continuity is actually there.

As for the now weekly declaration that people are "done" with the program, it's becoming as predictable as the sun rising in the East.

Posted by: Pete | Nov 1, 2006 10:38:52 PM

3. Interesting scene: Locke & Eko roll away the large boulder in front of the tomb only to find the body missing and the statues of Mary lying about. Sound familiar?

Posted by: Bill | Nov 2, 2006 1:19:44 AM

4. The smoke appeared behind Eko right after what appeared to be Eko's brother disappeared. The smoke also appeared right before the altar boy and the other men attacked Eko. It seems easy to assume that the smoke can take human form--it explains why Christian appeared to Jack, the horse appeared to Kate, Dave appeared to Hurley, and even why Walt appeared to Shannon. As we know from last season's Eko flashback, the smoke synthesizes your past and then apparently uses its knowledge to its benefit.

Also, Locke's comment of "Don't confuse coincidence for fate" was a cool throw back to when Eko and Locke first met last season and Eko told Locke the opposite, "Don't confuse fate for coincidence."

Posted by: Jodi | Nov 2, 2006 2:16:04 AM

5. I've seen it mentioned that Eko's last words were probably "You're next", which Locke interpreted as meaning, "We're next."

BUT... what if Locke misinterpreted? What if Eko said "You're next", but meant it in the singular rather than the plural? That is, he told Locke that HE is next.

Posted by: IN Mike | Nov 2, 2006 8:44:38 AM

6. In the grand scheme of things, I think this show is about faith, redmeption and staying true to who you are and what you believe in (ie: not becoming "lost" in this current world of temptation that we live in). With Eko, he was originally a druglord/warlord and then became a "priest". But when push came to shove, he reverted to form last night and refused to ask forgiveness for his sins, so the island killed him.

Next up, Jack has a choice to make: stay true to himself and his hypocratic oath (do the best he can do with Ben's surgery) or intentionally kill Ben during surgery (a complete violation of his oath and what he believes in as a surgeon). I suspect if he chooses the latter, there will be dire consequences.

As for the black "smoke", my office mates and I are debating whether it is man-made or the devil (following the "the island is purgatory theme"). I'm still leanging towards the black smoke was created (on purpose or accidentally) by the Dharma Initiative and is now completely out of their control, much like the genetically altered polar bears that can live on the tropical island.

The guy with the eye patch is, I believe, one of the soldiers that served with Desmond's former hatchmate that we saw in one of Sayid's flashbacks.

And just because three of the four tailies we were introduced to last season have died, who's to say there aren't more of them out there. And don't forget the "lost children" running around the island.

Still so many questions remain, can't wait to get the answers!

Really agree with everyone's disbelief at the two new characters. To recap:

1) They kill off the biggest badass on the show (Eko),

2) They completely ignore major characters plotlines (Charlie/Charlie's Girl/Baby (anyone remember the "curse" of her baby?), Rose/Bernard, hello...Michael and Walt???) or made them completely one-dimensional (read: Charlie becoming the most insufferable whiner, Hurley's obligatory "Dude" comment)

AND

3) added two more characters????

3b) introduced them so poorly it was cringe-worthy.

Like someone else said, we can only hope they use them as polar bear bait and quick.

Really? I'd say the exact opposite. I thought last season was full of filler.
Really? With all the stuff we learned about the hatch and what not? I thought they fleshed out a lot more of the "why" in a lot of the characters last year, and provided a bit more tangible info than this year. Just my opinion. It just seemed like we didn't learn a whole lot this season other than in the last episode. Maybe I just want the answers now :P
Really? With all the stuff we learned about the hatch and what not? I thought they fleshed out a lot more of the "why" in a lot of the characters last year, and provided a bit more tangible info than this year. Just my opinion. It just seemed like we didn't learn a whole lot this season other than in the last episode. Maybe I just want the answers now :P

It took quite a while to get to the info on the hatch last season and this season it seems like we're getting a lot of insight to the Others early on and last week we get a big view of the smog monster thing. Again, it's all perception though...they still have me hooked.