• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can somebody clue me in on exactly what happened in the last minute?

My recorder decided to short stop me.

In the OR, Jack intentnionally cuts Ben such that if he doesn't repair it in an hour, Ben dies. He then demands a walkie talkie and radios over to where Danny is about to execute Sawyer. Jack tells them to give a walkie talkie to Kate, and Jack then tells her she has an hour to get away, and to radio back when she's safe. However, Kate and Sawyer both know they're all on a separate island, and that getting away is impossible without a boat, a fact that Jack hasn't learned yet.

That's pretty much where it ends: Jack is trying to let Kate (but not nevessarily Sawyer) escape, but doesn't realize that it's harder than he thinks.

What is Jacob's list?
I would think that it was the list that all of their names were on when they were captured at the end of season 2. But I thought everyone's name was on that list. Perhaps Jacob is an even higher power than Benry Gale.

All I know is I thought Sawyer was a dead man and I can't wait for him to kill that asshole with the gun. I'm stoked that Jack once again stepped up at crunch time.

I just caught something last night where one of those guys said he (sawyer) was not on Jacob's List - so it was ok to kill him (?) - meaning there are plans for the rest of them - but not Sawyer (?)

Is it just me or is anyone else bothered by the fact that Kate didn't come right out and tell Jack that she can't escape, even with an hour head start, because they are on another island?

I just caught something last night where one of those guys said he (sawyer) was not on Jacob's List - so it was ok to kill him (?) - meaning there are plans for the rest of them - but not Sawyer (?)
Yep. I wonder if that means Sawyer is not one of the 'chosen ones' or something. But why? Why? Why? Why? That pretty much sums up my questions for the show. :P

Is it just me or is anyone else bothered by the fact that Kate didn't come right out and tell Jack that she can't escape, even with an hour head start, because they are on another island?
Good point. I also am kind of amused that there is another island right next to the main one. I thought the main island had been fairly well explored, and I would think someone would have seen it. :huh

not really - I think he pause was just dramatic cliffhanger effect. when they restart this, the first lines of non-flashback dialogue will be Kate saying something to that effect

• 1 month later...
'Lost' producers talking with ABC about setting end date for the series

Yesterday at 8:29 pm

PASADENA, Calif. (AP) - Makers of the tropical island drama "Lost" say they're talking with ABC executives about setting an end date for the series.There's no sense the finale is coming anytime soon. But knowing they have a deadline will help writers of the convoluted drama lay out how they want the story to end, producers said Sunday in a meeting with TV critics here."Once we figure out when that will be, a lot of the questions will go away," said Carlton Cuse, an executive producer. "Lost" is in its third season.The producers, citing Fox's "The X-Files," said they didn't want to wear out their welcome. "That was a great show that probably ran two seasons too long," Cuse said. "That is a cautionary tale for us.""Lost" is due back on ABC's schedule next month following an extended hiatus after the season's first six episodes and will air uninterrupted through May. The schedule was a direct result of fans' complaints about reruns disrupting their concentration in past seasons, producers said.It's likely next year that all 22 episodes will run consecutively, much like Fox is doing with "24."One prominent critic - ABC Entertainment President Stephen McPherson - said he thought the first six episodes this season concentrated too heavily on the stories of Jack, Kate and Sawyer at the expense of other members of the large cast.The producers said that will be rectified right away for the season's second half as "Lost" goes back to the beach."Lost," which is shifting back an hour to 10 p.m. Eastern time, Wednesdays, on ABC's schedule, has seen a 14 per cent drop in its audience this year, according to Nielsen Media Research. Producers contend the numbers are deceptive because of a comparison with the second season, when "Lost" was a cultural sensation.The producers concede that it's a demanding story for viewers to keep up with, and not one that people can join in the middle."We want them back," executive producer Damon Lindelof said of the lost fans. "We really believe in the show and the audience we're getting. But if we write towards getting them back, we may alienate the audience that we already have."

• 3 weeks later...