Sawyer 1 Big dude 0

The scene of the boy being subjected to film/noise is a total Prisoner rip-off.

I was thinking more the Ipcress File or A Clockwork Orange

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Clockwork Orange
That's what I was thinking. It seems like, given what we have learned, the root of the science surrounding at least some of the Dharma Initiative wasn't all bad. The thing I just don't understand is the willingness of the Others to kill people. I also heard a rumor that the monster on the island is able to manifest itself as other beings. That would (sort of) explain some of the apparitions we have seen: Jack's Dad, Kate's horse, and also may present the case for the Others being manifestations and not actual humans.
That's what I was thinking. It seems like, given what we have learned, the root of the science surrounding at least some of the Dharma Initiative wasn't all bad. The thing I just don't understand is the willingness of the Others to kill people. I also heard a rumor that the monster on the island is able to manifest itself as other beings. That would (sort of) explain some of the apparitions we have seen: Jack's Dad, Kate's horse, and also may present the case for the Others being manifestations and not actual humans.

Me too! Ludovico treatment!

If you watch The Prisoner, you will see that they had a room set up with such things to deal with difficult people. I think A Clockwork Orange predates The Prisoner though. The book that is - not the movie.

Whoa

Destiny vs. Free will

Season 3.2 is really pretty good so far.

I have completely tuned out of 3.2. I watched the first 10 minutes of the first episode of 3.2 and from there I just haven't watched it. -- Not saying I'm too good for it, but I think I will just wait for the DVDs.

Season 3.2 is really pretty good so far.

What's funny is - if you search around on the interenet you will see articles about how the ratings are down and people are upset at the show.

Last week's episode is worthy of some sort of award - I thought it was great.

What's funny is - if you search around on the interenet you will see articles about how the ratings are down and people are upset at the show.

Last week's episode is worthy of some sort of award - I thought it was great.

I come at this from a MUCH different perspective: I did not become a regular viewer until this year.

I have become well and fully addicted: reading all the transcripts online, watching podcasts, watching episodes online, reading forums...OBSESSED.

After watching this seasons 'appearance' of Eko's brother and last week with Desmond's mind fuck of a flashback and prescient visions of the future (and possible futures)...the island is a bad mofo.

I have come late to the party, but I want me some freaking CAKE!