9:30 Club (DC) Pre-Sale Sold Out?????

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's time the boys realize that there a little too popular for 9:30 Club now. I think they should have played DAR Constitution Hall...or maybe I'm just bitter I didn't get tickets. :ermm Latrobe or Bust

Yeah, I noticed those tickets on ebay were old ones as well, probably from the 930's own presale. In my long and varied experience as a wilco presale buyer, I'd say something was administratively wrong with this sale. I've seen tickets go quickly, but in this case the red letters came up practically before I even logged in. In anycase, I'll just give it another try tomorrow.

BTW, Wilco did play DAR in 2003, and it was one of the most bleh wilco shows I've ever seen.

Their usual way of coping with their extreme DC popularity is to do two nights at the 930, though you're right, it doesn't look possible this time. Or maybe they can do like Sonic Youth did last time they were here, and play two shows in one night!

BTW, Wilco did play DAR in 2003, and it was one of the most bleh wilco shows I've ever seen.

Yes, but that was the show that Tweedy tried to kick someone in the head in the front row! That's gotta count for something

Seriously. I was right there at 10, plus I was trying for only one ticket. And I still got nothing. (Unless you count a headache.)

I experienced the exact same thing. I even went to my 10 a.m. meeting late. That ticket website blows. I don't think this is just me being sour grapes, either. It seriously sucks.

dcd

Yes, but that was the show that Tweedy tried to kick someone in the head in the front row! That's gotta count for something

Oh, I take it back then, thanks for reminding me. It wasn't one of the most bleh Wilco shows I've ever seen, it was THE most bleh Wilco show I've ever seen. :rolleyes

I experienced the exact same thing. I even went to my 10 a.m. meeting late. That ticket website blows. I don't think this is just me being sour grapes, either. It seriously sucks.

dcd

but your avatar rules!

DAR has been the venue for all the most bleh shows I've ever been to.

And as much as I love Sonic Youth, our ears were all bleeding before Wilco even came on.

That was a very uncomfortable, bizarre show. SY fans vs Wilco fans in an Opera type setting with assholes in the front row taunting Jeff. Quite strange.

Yep, 9:30 is definitely better. Until we can get them to play IOTA for an entire week :rock

Why do they even bother with this charade called pre-sale tickets?

Sold out in 15 seconds!?!?! What's the point?

the point is to sell the tickets to someone, not necessarily sell them to you, so if they're selling out, they're making making their money, and i'm pretty sure that makes them happy.

everyone gets so worked up when they don't score tickets during these pre-sales. just relax, you still have the general onsale coming up, where the majority of the venue's tickets will be available.

Oh, I take it back then, thanks for reminding me. It wasn't one of the most bleh Wilco shows I've ever seen, it was THE most bleh Wilco show I've ever seen. :rolleyes

I dunno, Heids...I might have to cast a vote for William & Mary for most bleh show. :ermm (Of course, I wasn't at Constitution Hall. :P)

the point is to sell the tickets to someone, not necessarily sell them to you, so if they're selling out, they're making making their money, and i'm pretty sure that makes them happy.

everyone gets so worked up when they don't score tickets during these pre-sales. just relax, you still have the general onsale coming up, where the majority of the venue's tickets will be available.

I looked on Tickets.com and their was no link to the 9:30 show. What would be my best strategy for getting tickets tomorrow? Will there be a link from wilcoworld?