The Steven Demetre Georgiou, Cat Stevens, Yusuf Islam Thread

Atlantic Records is eyeing a November release for Yusuf Islam's first album of pop music in 28 years in tandem with his own Ya imprint. As previously reported, "An Other Cup" will be issued internationally by Polydor in time to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the former Cat Stevens' first release, "I Love My Dog."

Produced by Rick Nowells (Dido, Madonna), the set features contributions from former Cat Stevens guitarist Alun Davies and keyboardist Jean Roussel, plus African vocalist Youssou N'Dour. Islam played guitar, piano and keyboard.

Although the track list has yet to be announced, "An Other Cup" is known to include a cover of the Animals-popularized "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood."

I'll buy it - since he is a man of peace - like myself.

You can both ride that old Peace-train into obscurity.

:cheekkiss

Sir S,

What are the chances of you creating a line of Yusuf Islam "An Other Cup: Jihad USA 06'-07'" Tour Tee's?

You could put the monkey wearing a turban on them.

I think that would totally rock.

Apparently, he never supported it in the first place.

clicky

from the article:

"After confirming that Islamic Law considers Blasphemy without repentance as a capital offence, I stated clearly, 'Under the Islamic law, Muslims are bound to keep within the limits of the law of the country in which they live, providing that it does not restrict the freedom to worship and serve God and fulfil their basic religious duties (Fard

Sir S,

What are the chances of you creating a line of Yusuf Islam "An Other Cup: Jihad USA 06'-07'" Tour Tee's?

You could put the monkey wearing a turban on them.

I think that would totally rock.

Yes! Sorry,Sir S. but I'd take 5 of 'em

• 2 years later...