Wichita - Cotillion camera policy

Okay, it looks like Wilco is not going to stop in Oklahoma for a show on the 14th of Oct., so I'm probably going to hit Wichita the next night.

(I have thought of hanging out at the Guthrie Love's on I-35 to catch the tour bus coming through Oklahoma the day before, but that's a little too stalker-ish.)

:ninja

As some of you know, as an amateur shutterbug I have photographed the boys before in OKC and Tulsa, but upon entering the Tulsa show I was the victim of an over-zealous bouncer who did not allow my camera in. (I had to appeal to a higher authority -- kidsmoke -- who got a roadie to take me to the mgmt of the venue and straighten things out ... )

Anyway, I'd like to take my camera to Wichita but wanted to avoid any last-second hassles.

Here's Wilco's policy from wilcoworld.net: "wilco does allow non-flash still photography wherever it does not conflict with venue or other restrictions beyond our control. please be considerate of others. we do not allow video taping, and ask that you refrain from using your cel phones during concerts."

I'm totally respectful of the no flash policy so that's not a problem.

I looked on the Cotillion's website to get their camera policy: "No audio or video recorders are allowed without permission."

I should be fine. Emphasis on "should" ...

My question: Should I take a printout of the Wilco policy with me to show "permission" from the band and their management? What other "permission" could I hope to get? I'm going to buy a ticket to enjoy the show first and foremost so a photo pass like the press get is not my goal. I'll stand in line and wait to get a good spot like the rest of y'all.

Thoughts/advice?

Am I worried over nothing? Has anyone here ever taken cameras into this venue?

:huh

Edited by creativetype
I looked on the Cotillion's website to get their camera policy: "No audio or video recorders are allowed without permission."

Thoughts/advice?

Am I worried over nothing? Has anyone here ever taken cameras into this venue?

:huh

Your worried over nothing. i'm not planning on asking permission to bring in my DAT. smuggle the bitch if your concerned.

It adds to the excitement of the doors opening. :D

smuggle the bitch if your concerned.

You haven't seen the size of my camera.

:blush

One more photo-related question: What type of stage set-up/lighting has the band been using on tour lately? In OKC (spring 05) it was nice and bright with the psychedelic curtains and huge video screen behind the band. At the Cain's in Tulsa (fall 05), it was predictably stripped down for the cozy venue, but the lighting was very dark for the most part. I'm hoping they put a little more light on the performers at the Cotillion.