10 albums you must hear this autumn...

Faiding Trails is okay,not great though, it's a collection of tracks from several different recording sessions so has a somewhat uneven feel to it, some full band ,other songs produced by Steve Albini and some solo home demos.

I'd reccomend the current solo Jason Molina Let Me Go Let Me Go release as the better of two of his current releases,really beautiful haunting stuff. He's always been better at that than the sub crazy horse stuff he does as MECO.

new Black Keys "Magic Potion" tomorrow
This one looks particularly good, at least the buzz has been high.

Don't know if the new Buckner is worth 15 bucks?
Wait until someone dumps it used for half that. That's my MO.

LouieB

i listened to Swan Lake (the one that is good, but not mindblowing) at a friend's place. He wouldn't tell me how he got it, and said he was sorry, but there was no way he could make me a copy. i was just pleased to hear it, so i didn't push the issue. if you dig around here there are four tracks that have leaked (All Fires, Are You Swimming In Her Pools?, Nubile Days - all with spencer on lead vox, and The Freedom - with Dan singing, which is the best thing on the record, imo... but im a Destroyer fanatic)

I got a Hold Steady promo, cause im doing an interview with Craig and Tad tomorrow ( :rock )... it has super crazy copy protection and wouldnt even play in the first cd player i tried... and plus, their promotions people would be super pissed about it leaking, and they are good people who send me nice things, so even if i could i wouldnt rip it.. but i cant, because the drm is crazy, and im looking forward to a regular ol cd that i can rip onto my ipod and play in my crappy old car stereo.

I can't wait for The Hold Steady's new album. Between that and the Decemberists, I may have to take Oct. 3 off.