Hummingbird Tongues

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, while driving through a rain storm in the Scottish highlands, I experienced something like this...except water was falling through the hills everywhere one looked. I have never been able to fully describe the power of that experience. :wub

1a99re2.jpg?ph4qUDFB6XWyA05F

Thanks again!

You are the second person whose opinion I highly respect that has said that about Norway.

I don't know why, but I love this one...

Good news - Norway is so close and I never fully appreciated the magnitude of it's scenery. Bad news - for that reason I might never need to go to the USA again (except Norway has no deserts, and I do like a desert).

kidsmoke and I were just talking about you the other night. Glad you got in touch. :)

My ears were burning - and I thought it was just the wind whistlling through the fjords (which I am already pining for).

Also, while driving through a rain storm in the Scottish highlands, I experienced something like this...except water was falling through the hills everywhere one looked. I have never been able to fully describe the power of that experience. :wub

Two things. I did think of the Western Isles alot when in some parts of Norway. I have been to Skye, but had wanted to visit some of the more remote places. I think I can save myself that now - Norway is equally remote in those beautiful parts, but seems to have better infrastructure to enable easier travelling, as they are a whole nation geared up to sustaining small communities.

Second - waterfalls. This is actually one of the dullest I saw. I only took it because it was the single day of mist & rain on the holiday and I wanted to take something that would trigger memories of that day's journey. I have seen enough waterfalls to last a lifetime now - not that I will avoid them in future.

P.S. I am trying for a meeting with Kidsmoke and Son tomorrow.

Not to be confused with Steptoe & Son :D Seriously,I know Kidsmoke is really looking forward to seeing you Sir Andrew..hope you all have a good ttime :thumbup

350px-Pining.PNG
Naah, he's just resting.

(I knew you'd get that one immediately :thumbup )

Not to be confused with Steptoe & Son :D ... hope you all have a good ttime :thumbup

I'm going to try to take the day off (but may be tricky as I've been away 2 weeks and stuff has happened that I need to check on), but at the very least I'll see them in the evening.

More classic comedy. :cheers

steptoeandson_1.jpg

Ray Galton and Alan Simpson - writers of true genius. Love Harry H Corbett too - I saw him in a deckchair on the beach at Bournemouth once when I was a kid.

The television show was the most popular comedy in UK TV history - it regularly had an audience of over 20,000,000 viewers, and among the reasons for this was the ability of the show to combine humour with a dramatic poignancy. In fact The Times reviewer wrote "Steptoe and Son virtually obliterates the division between drama and comedy."

if i had a pool i would keep it open until the first snow fall--i love swimming when its snowing. And i would open it on April fools day. There is no such thing as "too cold to swim" as long as the water is warmer than the air, its not too cold. when the water is colder than the air, its ice and you can't swim.

:P

Those mantises (mantids? caliber?)(edit: mantes) are like tiny Svengalis.

My brother explained many logical advantages to buying a Mac, and ended by saying, "Plus, you will end up having "feelings" for your computer. :lol

"cmere dude. I just wanna ask you something, I swear!"

My sister has a mantis tattoo on her back.

Who posted in: Hummingbird Tongues

Poster Posts

Flick 84

Sir Stewart 80

rwrkb 73

bobbob1313 66

EL EL COOL F 61

deepseacatfish 59

ction 41

bjorn_skurj 40

M. Christine 38

ObliviousToMyself 37

whatdisay 37

cryptique 33

caliber66 33

Analogman 33

JUDE 32

viatroy 32

renic 30

lrigwoc 29

watch me fall 28

carlos 28

ScottHoward 26

JorgeFabregas 25

SarahC 18

benjamin_kenobi 18

Reni 15

Dude 14

plasticeyeball 14

MattZ 13

TweedyBird 13

wheelco 13

Elixir Sue 11

mountain bed 11

fickerson 10

mrkinsley 10

ms yvon 9

foolnrian97 7

gershon 6

gogo 6

andrewdowdall 6

AWATT 5

darkstar 5

poortranslator 4

jhc 3

Saint Genevieve 3

jImMy JiMmY ! 3

Beltmann 2

Wendy 1

redshift 1

j4lackey 1

Narziss 1

tongue-tied lightning 1

smoochy 1

Brianne 1

Finna 1

What an awesome cast of characters!

A wee hummer just doinked his head on the feeder post. I knelt beside his tiny awesomeness while he shook it off.

This is as good a time as any! :wave