I'm really stoked about seeing this movie! The previews look really good. I'm hoping that this is going to be of the same level as "Garden State" was. Just seeing this very beautiful woman will be the price of a ticket alone...swoon :blush :blush :wub :wub

lastkiss7-small.jpg

Edited by TweedyBird
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Garden State was one of the most cliche-ridden shit films I've ever seen. I contemplated walking out of the theater but they wouldn't let me because there was tornado outside*. It probably doesn't help that I loathe Zach Braff but I thought I had developed my hatred for him based on Garden State so who knows....

*That is a true story.

Garden State was one of the most cliche-ridden shit films I've ever seen. I contemplated walking out of the theater but they wouldn't let me because there was tornado outside*. It probably doesn't help that I loathe Zach Braff but I thought I had developed my hatred for him based on Garden State so who knows....

*That is a true story.

I try. I don't care for Zach too much, but for some reason I did like that movie. Who knows? I might still be on a high from scoring 9:30 Club tix, or maybe it's my uncontainable lust for Rachel Bilson

I'm not quite as repelled by it as stardog (I actually like Braff, at least on "Scrubs"), but I thought Garden State was all style, no substance (and praised far beyond its merits), and this film looks to be Braff trying to play the same role all over again. Yawn.

I watched 3/4s of the trailer for The Last Kiss on Quicktime's site before stopping, right at the moment someone's talking about how this generation is so sped up, it realizes its mistakes earlier than the last generation, and the shot shows Blythe Danner (enough of her, please, filmmakers everywhere, enough already of Blythe Danner) convulsing, crying, leaning against a window in the rain.

That link reminded me that The Last Kiss is written by the fellow who wrote Crash and Million Dollar Baby, two real crapfests. I may have to hole up in my basement the entire time this flick is in theaters. Plus, Jacinda from Real World London(?) is in it. Wow.

I'm really stoked about seeing this movie! The previews look really good. I'm hoping that this is going to be of the same level as "Garden State" was. Just seeing this very beautiful woman will be the price of a ticket alone...swoon :blush :blush :wub :wub

lastkiss7-small.jpg

i picked up the soundtrack off iTunes and have been enjoying it. however, if this is anything like Garden State, i'll just stick with the soundtrack.

Count me in with the "like Zach Braff from Scrubs, but found Garden State to be a bit much" club. Definitely its total style over substance. The thing that bugged me about Garden State the most, besides all the scenes in the movie that were set up just to look cool in the trailer (wallpaper t-shirt? was there any purpose? not jumping into the pool and standing there like not being able to swim is some deep significant thing), was how people take it to be an amazing film, when really it was just pretty good. I know someone who has seen it upwards of 10 times, and people who compare it to the Graduate and the film of my generation. I would rather be defined by the WB and Buffy the Vampire slayer than Garden State.

:realmad