• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It means what you said was so awesome that he's just slightly questioning his life choices, since they don't involve snuggling with you.

right on. it's comprised of : + yay...so when I posted that, I meant 'yay for the movie back to school and the hot buttered chickee j. fickerson for posting it as it made me smile.'

I'm not quite as repelled by it as stardog (I actually like Braff, at least on "Scrubs"), but I thought Garden State was all style, no substance (and praised far beyond its merits), and this film looks to be Braff trying to play the same role all over again. Yawn.
I like Scrubs, but sometime last season it jumped the shark.

Garden State was enjoyable, but had some gratuitous bullshit in it that did nothing for it. Not a great film, but good enough.

LouieB

I thought Garden State was all style, no substance (and praised far beyond its merits).

That's it right there. And don't forget to add that when it comes to acting, a turd with legs is better than Natalie Portman (Star Wars, Closer, Garden State, all = :yucky).

That link reminded me that The Last Kiss is written by the fellow who wrote Crash and Million Dollar Baby, two real crapfests. I may have to hole up in my basement the entire time this flick is in theaters. Plus, Jacinda from Real World London(?) is in it. Wow.

There's a difference between confirmed crapfest (Garden State) and crapfest by opinion (Crash and Million Dollar Baby).

:brow :)

That's it right there. And don't forget to add that when it comes to acting, a turd with legs is better than Natalie Portman (Star Wars, Closer, Garden State, all = :yucky).

Thank you. I was beginning to wonder if I was the only person who thinks she can't act for shit.

also, I like to think my generation was defined by Breakin' II: Electric Boogaloo, but wouldn't argue if someone stated it should be Robocop instead.

If I know your generation, it was this:

cusack2.jpg

well, see now here's my question, i identify with Say Anything as it came out the year i would have graduated from college (had i not been kicked out) but i am certainly older and more mature than El Kevin, so how can it be the same generational movie for both of us?

well, see now here's my question, i identify with Say Anything as it came out the year i would have graduated from college (had i not been kicked out) but i am certainly older and more mature than El Kevin, so how can it be the same generational movie for both of us?

It came out at the end of my junior year of college, and by then I was so out of touch with popular culture that I may not have even known about it. I don't think I saw it until years later on VHS.

Consequently ... not a film I identify with. I was more of a Breakfast Club/Ferris Bueller kind of guy (both of which came out in my later high school years).