Shut Out of 9:30, Going to WVU. Anybody With Me?

Well I was on at 10am yesterday and today to score 9:30 club tickets and was denied completely. I was actually on the phone with a tickets.com represenative at 9:58 am and he told me to call back in 2 minutes. I asked if he could just put me on hold and he said "aw hell naw!"

I called tickets.com back at 10am and was told the show was already sold out.

Same exact results when I tried to get tickets right at 10am a few years back when they played the 9:30 two nights in a row.

And by the time the 9:30 box office opens today (noon) the tickets are of course already sold out.

A few years back I ended up going to Myrtle Beach to see them and had a great time.

So I've already bought 2 tix to the WVU show - just 3 hours further away then DC. Oh well.

Anybody else making this decision?

Anybody been to the Mountainlair Ballroom before? Good place to see a show?

Well I was on at 10am yesterday and today to score 9:30 club tickets and was denied completely. I was actually on the phone with a tickets.com represenative at 9:58 am and he told me to call back in 2 minutes. I asked if he could just put me on hold and he said "aw hell naw!"

I called tickets.com back at 10am and was told the show was already sold out.

Same exact results when I tried to get tickets right at 10am a few years back when they played the 9:30 two nights in a row.

And by the time the 9:30 box office opens today (noon) the tickets are of course already sold out.

A few years back I ended up going to Myrtle Beach to see them and had a great time.

So I've already bought 2 tix to the WVU show - just 3 hours further away then DC. Oh well.

Anybody else making this decision?

Anybody been to the Mountainlair Ballroom before? Good place to see a show?

It's in the student union at WVU -- and it's just what it says, a big open room with a stage at the end, looks like it will hold about 1200 seats, but I doubt they'll have seats set up. The good news (for me) is they probably won't allow drinking in the venue. They other issue will be putting up with a crowd of WVU students who tend to be a rowdy football loving lot, but who knows ?

yep, i'm in the same exact situation.

i was actually planning on going to the wvu show until i heard about the 9:30 show.

9:30 would have been awesome. i'm pretty pissed about not getting tickets. i was ready at 10 am for presale and public sale. just the luck of the draw i guess.

at least tickets were still available for morgantown, otherwise we'd be going to latrobe!