Jeff Tweedy & Fred Armison (artist on artist myspace video)

Here's a laid back goofy conversation between the two just posted today. Jeff plays on the banjo a little and the two pretty much just act silly. Tweedy talks about how the name Wilco and Loose Fur ( it is a reference to Lucifer afterall).

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...eoid=1159788434

Edited by truetolife

Fred and Jeff are hilarious together. Did they invent the term "Googlebating" or have others heard that? It's hilarious. If I had to pick two people on Earth to sit down and have a beer (or, uh, a caffiene-free, Splenda-sweetened diet cola) with, it would be them.

The last few years I've been watching SNL just for Fred (have TiVo and fast forward through it in about 24 minutes) and the musical guests.

So if they're such great pals, why hasn't Wilco been the musical guest on SNL yet? Seems like they're in NYC enough, and it would be a fun little gig w/great exposure to a new audience; and one would assume Fred has some pull there.

You think Jeff and Sue ever sit at home watching SNL and see really bad skits, like the one where Fred dressed up as a big cat (actually that one was SOOOOOO bad it was funny) and just wonder why the heck he's agreeing to that crap? Fred's so much better than that.

And that's my little rant on Fred and Jeff,

-Laura

So if they're such great pals, why hasn't Wilco been the musical guest on SNL yet? Seems like they're in NYC enough, and it would be a fun little gig w/great exposure to a new audience; and one would assume Fred has some pull there.

-Laura

I highly doubt Fred Armisen has any control over the booking of musical guests.

I highly doubt Fred Armisen has any control over the booking of musical guests.

Eh, I'm sure you're right. I'm just daydreaming about a future "Fred and Jeff Show," which is a daydream that I'd probably rather not come true. Let Jeff keep making great music. Let Fred keep dressing up as a big cat. The two don't really go together, do they?. java script:emoticon(':ermm',%20'smid_14')

-Laura

"That's rich."

Seriously.

Last time I heard that phrase used was when Jerry and Elaine were being chased by crazy joe devolo (sp?) and were trying to get into the opera house. The ticket ticket listened to their story and said "oh that's rich"

I dunno, I can't help you out too much right now, I'm on a restricet work PC right now that blocks myspace. But yesterday and this morning this was on the home page of Myspace (the first page when you access the site). Just look for the "Artists to Artists" title.

Seriously.

Last time I heard that phrase used was when Jerry and Elaine were being chased by crazy joe devolo (sp?) and were trying to get into the opera house. The ticket ticket listened to their story and said "oh that's rich"

i was listening to the Loose Fur 12.7.02 show right before I watched that video and Jeff says "That's rich" when an audience member yells something out, then i heard it in the video and was like "weird."

is it uncommon? i use it whenever somebody makes a joke that is clever but not all that funny.

i was listening to the Loose Fur 12.7.02 show right before I watched that video and Jeff says "That's rich" when an audience member yells something out, then i heard it in the video and was like "weird."

is it uncommon? i use it whenever somebody makes a joke that is clever but not all that funny.

I suppose if you are 60+ like you or Jeff it's acceptable, but for us young cats, its not really a hip thing to say. You dig?

No, you don't have to be a member, I tryed to avoid the hype of joining myspace forever, but I eventually caved in and its actually a pretty good resource, its help me connect with alot of my old friends that are spread out across the country and keep up with my favorite bands. Its really great to talk to my best friend that is now serving duty overseas right now. So myspace isn't too bad after all, you can keep your profile private and only your friends can see it, if your paranoid.