Pole  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What is this?

• A RTT

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well....although I thought long & hard about it (and I'm sure many prayed for it) I DID NOT stick my head in the oven last night following the ND game.I DID have to talk down my father who was contemplating jumping off the local bridge though...whew!

I did my good deed for the day by turning a lifelong friend onto my Lafayette extra.It will be his 1st show.

I think I might have solved the thing that was making my Internets kinda unstable this past week.

when i go to open the program it tells me it can't open because another digidesign system is running, but i have no idea what it's talking about

Hmm, the only things I could think of: if you have the install program for it up somewhere accidentaly, or like a registration window, or something like that, some stupid auxiliary program that protools thinks might interfere. Protools tends to like to be the only music program open, period. So maybe if you had something else open it could get pissed off, otherwise I don't know what to tell you...there's no scratchy head smiley dude....

Hmm, the only things I could think of: if you have the install program for it up somewhere accidentaly, or like a registration window, or something like that, some stupid auxiliary program that protools thinks might interfere. Protools tends to like to be the only music program open, period. So maybe if you had something else open it could get pissed off, otherwise I don't know what to tell you...there's no scratchy head smiley dude....

yeah i've tried multiple things including restarting, shutting down, etc...

i have a friend who's used the program a lot so i'll get a hold of him tomorrow.

Although I've always thought j4's avatar is teh coolest,right now Mr. H is kickin' my ass with his new one :thumbup

bush..or chimp? :lol

Not much, sitting around listening to Philip Glass having a beer. I'm totally burned out on the whole studying medieval music thing right now, but I'm thinking I'll do decently on the test tomorrow, so that's good.

cool. well i partied hard last night, but i have to go back to being "academic" in the a.m. so i'm gonna hit the sack. good luck on your test :thumbup

Not much, sitting around listening to Philip Glass having a beer. I'm totally burned out on the whole studying medieval music thing right now, but I'm thinking I'll do decently on the test tomorrow, so that's good.

What are your music history tests like?

What are your music history tests like?

This one is a bunch of song identification (aka, know the name, composer, place, date, genre, as well as having to describe its characteristics...and one of the pieces we haven't even listened to and just have to describe a piece that it's like), and then there's some terminology stuff. But that's about it. The prof says she changes up the format on each exam but that the listening part remains pretty much the same. I prefer my composition classes a lot more...but it all comes with being a music major :lol