Pole  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What is this?

• A RTT

Somehow I managed to lose nearly 20 pounds since June, and my A1C was back down well within the "good" range. For once, a doctor's appointment wasn't depressing.

:dancing

All of your hard work is paying off. Congrats, Tom! Fantastic news!

Done.

Wander round Tower Hill, boat to Embankment, wander up Whitehall to Trafalgar Square. Back to work - but meeting for meal this evening. Kidsmoke taking many many photos. Tom is a top man.

:w00t I'm so jealous.

Have a great time tonight.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am eating a delicious cuban sandwich.

I've found that when I get pickles on a sandwich I usually eat about half of the sandwich with pickles and then take the rest off. It's a nice change for the back half of the sandwich.

I am eating a delicious cuban sandwich.

I've found that when I get pickles on a sandwich I usually eat about half of the sandwich with pickles and then take the rest off. It's a nice change for the back half of the sandwich.

Back when I still ate such things, I would always eat the pickles off my fast-food hamburger first, then eat the hamburger. I like pickles, and I like hamburgers, but not always both together.

Twobobs, does Cuban taste like chicken?

Back when I still ate such things, I would always eat the pickles off my fast-food hamburger first, then eat the hamburger. I like pickles, and I like hamburgers, but not always both together.

Twobobs, does Cuban taste like chicken?

Per Wikipedia:

The traditional Cuban sandwich is made with Cuban bread. The bread is cut in half and buttered on both sides. Dill pickles, roast pork, ham, and Swiss cheese are cold, added in layers and thinly sliced. The pork is an essential ingredient and it needs to be slow roasted with Cuban spices, giving the pork a distinct garlic and citrus flavor. The sandwich is then lightly toasted in a sandwich press called a "plancha" until the bread is crisp and the cheese is melted. The press both heats and compresses the sandwich. A traditional Cuban sandwich includes yellow mustard, but never mayonnaise, lettuce, or tomato.

Although I like to add mayo and turkey to mine (and today, since they didn't have roast pork, I added roast beef. It had the basic cuban sandwich features, but expanded to make it even more delicious.)

Per Wikipedia:

The traditional Cuban sandwich is made with Cuban bread. The bread is cut in half and buttered on both sides. Dill pickles, roast pork, ham, and Swiss cheese are cold, added in layers and thinly sliced. The pork is an essential ingredient and it needs to be slow roasted with Cuban spices, giving the pork a distinct garlic and citrus flavor. The sandwich is then lightly toasted in a sandwich press called a "plancha" until the bread is crisp and the cheese is melted. The press both heats and compresses the sandwich. A traditional Cuban sandwich includes yellow mustard, but never mayonnaise, lettuce, or tomato.

Although I like to add mayo and turkey to mine (and today, since they didn't have roast pork, I added roast beef. It had the basic cuban sandwich features, but expanded to make it even more delicious.)

I'm just glad to know that the Cuban sandwiches I've eaten didn't contain actual Cubans.

Firstly, I am going to have "Lets dance" running through my brain for the rest of the day....

Better than having Swingtown stuck in your head:

Ooo oooohhhh

Ooo oooohhhh

Come on and dance, come on and dance

Let's make some romance

You know the night is fallin'

And the music's callin'

And we've got to get down to Swingtown

We've been workin' so hard

We've been workin' so hard

Come on baby

Come on baby let's dance

Come on, come on, come on

Ooo oooohhhh

Ooo oooohhhh

We may not get another chance

And the music's callin'

:upset

Firstly, I am going to have "Lets dance" running through my brain for the rest of the day....

Better than having Swingtown stuck in your head:

Let's make some romance

And the music's callin'

:upset

So.

We'll be spinning vinyl selections from the Bowie and the Steve Miller catalog tonight.

Requests?

Bong jazz our speciality :P

Guest ScottHoward
I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it. I felt I owed it to them.

I watched Caddyshack II yesterday.

Randy Quaid and Dan Ackroyd's finest work, respectively, imo.

Edited by ScottHoward