Pole  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What is this?

• A RTT

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have run out of coffee. there is no coffee in this entire office. we will be getting more in "sometime this week." i am just... i don't know what to do.

what office? I thought you were unemployed these days, livin' large as a "kept" woman?

I just spent the morning hanging out with the wife of Sam Beam from Iron & Wine - she's a midwife here. I decided not to tell her that many of my friends have crushes on Sam and his beard.

Would you mind apologizing to her on behalf of all the rude fucking people who came to his sold-out show at The Dame here in Lexington last year and talked loudly throughout his entire set? Thanks, Nat, I appreciate it. That's pretty cool! :cheers

In other news, I just edged the front yard, mowed it, dug up some 15-foot tall poke plants and other kinds of trees that were growing up through our pine trees, and walked the dog, all just before it rained!!! :cheers

what office? I thought you were unemployed these days, livin' large as a "kept" woman?

no, i decided i couldn't quit my job in good conscience, considering i have no other source of income or health insurance.

but having no coffee here might be enough to change my mind

Guest ScottHoward
Talk to the receptionist at Ron Cey's place. I hear she just got some in.

She just got some new responsibilities last week and is acting as if she was just crowned Queen of England.

It takes everything I have to simply walk away. Everything, I tell you. There's just so much I want to say.

we have run out of coffee. there is no coffee in this entire office. we will be getting more in "sometime this week." i am just... i don't know what to do.

There's no coffee! No coffee! Oh!

If I can't take my coffee break,

My coffee break, my coffee break . . .

Something within me dies.

Lies down and something within me dies.

If I can't make three daily trips

Where shining shrine

Benignly drips

And taste cardboard between my lips,

Something within me dies.

Lies down and something within me dies.

No coffee! No coffee! No coffee!

No coffee! No coffee!

That office light doesn't have to be fluorescent;

I'll get no pains in the head.

That office chair doesn't have to be foam rubber;

So if I spread, so I spread;

But only one chemical substance

Gets out the lead--

Like she said:

My coffee break, my coffee break . . .

Gone is the sense of enterprise

All gone, and something within me dies.

No coffee!

Somehow the soul no longer tries;

Somewhere I don't metabolize;

Something within me . . .

Coffee or otherwise,

Coffee or otherwise,

Coffee or otherwise,

Something inside of me dies!

This guy is off the hook. Click the "Art" link.

edit: It occurs to me that he was mentioned on boingboing.net a while back ... but I skipped it then. Someone sent me the link today and it blew me away.

I'll take this one:

Cat-on-hair-(2).jpg

The hotel that inspired Fawlty Towers reopens

Also, if your family comes from the UK and you have an out of the ordinary name, this may give you an idea what part of the country your family came from (alternative searches for recently and 1881):-

http://www.spatial-literacy.org/UCLnames/default.aspx

Mine seems spot on - our branch of the Dowdalls moved from Ireland to Cardiff, and South Wales is shown as an area of concentration. The others are also generally areas where there were alot of ports or sea traffic, and we've always had a history of merchant sailoring.

http://www.spatial-literacy.org/UCLnames/M...B&type=name

And following the links, there are apparently the highest concentrration of Dowdalls in the USA in Montana. Not sure what that means, but I have actually always wanted to go there. Maybe I coul dblag some free accomodation if I run into some of them.

http://www.spatial-literacy.org/UCLnames/C...B&type=name

Guest ScottHoward
P.S. Since it will be hot in hell, I won't be wearing a shirt.

i wish we could get j4 to paint a picture of you, terry, myself, stalin, bob keeshan and daryl strawberry playing a game of texas hold 'em in hell.

Edited by ScottHoward
Guest ScottHoward
It's just a joke. I'm clearly Heaven material.

in that case, maybe j4 can paint you (arm in arm with that kid from who's the boss, a-man and george halas) looking down at us playing cards.