Pole  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What is this?

• A RTT

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And following the links, there are apparently the highest concentrration of Dowdalls in the USA in Montana. Not sure what that means, but I have actually always wanted to go there. Maybe I coul dblag some free accomodation if I run into some of them.

http://www.spatial-literacy.org/UCLnames/C...B&type=name

Andrew, there are loads of Irish in Butte, Montana (and probably elsewhere in the state, too). Many worked in Butte's copper mines, and a whole bunch of them moved down to San Francisco when the mines were played out. A big part of San Francisco's history as a strong labor union town is due to the Butte miners, who worked and unionized on the waterfront. That was my grandparents' generation, lots of their friends were second-generation Irish-Americans who had grown up in Butte and relocated here.

I'm in an Irish fife and drum band which was founded in Butte in 1917, and came to SF in the late 1920s. Our bass drum is the same drum that was played in Butte all those years ago.

Guest ScottHoward
so now i have decide whether i want to get coffee or eat lunch. ugh.

or decide whether or not to get back in the habit of posting inane questions

Edited by ScottHoward
Guest ScottHoward
i don't eat at restaurants that have drive thrus.

perhaps because of the dilemma of not wanting to order multiple drinks, which is completely transparent, yet feeling the need to because 4 sandwiches, a hot fudge sundae, super size fries and a medium diet coke would be even worse?

perhaps because of the dilemma of not wanting to order multiple drinks, which is completely transparent, yet feeling the need to because 4 sandwiches, a hot fudge sundae, super size fries and a medium diet coke would be even worse?

in those instances, i try to make it clear to the person serving me that i am very, very stoned.

Guest ScottHoward
in those instances, i try to make it clear to the person serving me that i am very, very stoned.

still doesnt explain the seat belt extension that you've crudely sewn in.

Once, in an extremely inebriated state I ordered better than 50$ worth of food at the local Burger King for my friends and I. I then commenced to put sugar on the 7 orders of French Fries (in my state I couldn't discern sugar from the little salt packets), upon tasting said fries; this pissed me off to no end resulting in my ejecting the entire tray of food against the wall and my subsequent ejection from the restaurant.

Still hungry and with my wallet quite a bit lighter my drunken troop and I staggered over to the local Hardee's Family Restaurant, a place where I had part time employment. Knowing the people that worked there, I figured I had an

Once, in an extremely inebriated state I ordered better than 50$ worth of food at the local Burger King for my friends and I. I then commenced to put sugar on the 7 orders of French Fries (in my state I couldn't discern sugar from the little salt packets), upon tasting said fries; this pissed me off to no end resulting in my ejecting the entire tray of food against the wall and my subsequent ejection from the restaurant.

Still hungry and with my wallet quite a bit lighter my drunken troop and I staggered over to the local Hardee's Family Restaurant, a place where I had part time employment. Knowing the people that worked there, I figured I had an

i wish we could get j4 to paint a picture of you, terry, myself, stalin, bob keeshan and daryl strawberry playing a game of texas hold 'em in hell.

I would totally do that!*

*(but it'd have to be for money :hmm ).