$120 a piece for 930 club tickets

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you should place your member in a cold body of water.

:lol

I actually paid that much for a ticket to see them at 930 club once on stupid fucking ebay. but, it was worth it in the end.

bens2.jpg

There is a really cool ethiopian place right down the street from the 9:30 club called Solome. We always go there for drinks and a small bite to eat before the show. The lady and son who own the place are always really nice and remember us everytime we go in there. We always end up getting some free food or drinks. Just a tip.

I wouldn't do it. Not in a million years.

Wilco is always touring. I've seen some kind of Jeff Tweedy incarnation (between Wilco, Tweedy solo, and Loose Fur) probably 10 times, and although they've been some of the best shows I've ever seen, I still wouldn't be able to justify spending $120 on a ticket.

Why not just buy a $35 ticket to Philly or elsewhere and spend $30 on gas? At least, then, you're only up to $65 (not including ridiculous ticket fees).

I wouldn't do it. Not in a million years.

Wilco is always touring. I've seen some kind of Jeff Tweedy incarnation (between Wilco, Tweedy solo, and Loose Fur) probably 10 times, and although they've been some of the best shows I've ever seen, I still wouldn't be able to justify spending $120 on a ticket.

Why not just buy a $35 ticket to Philly or elsewhere and spend $30 on gas? At least, then, you're only up to $65 (not including ridiculous ticket fees).

first off its the 930 club. they dont play anywhere comparable anymore. at least not on the east coast.

second off its not just the gas $$$ to get to philly its also the time. youre talking about 7 hours of driving minimum

third off wilco is not going to tour for a bit

fourth off its the 930 club

There is a really cool ethiopian place right down the street from the 9:30 club called Solome.

There are some genuinely cool ethiopian places within a few blocks of the 930 club.

Dukem is three blocks away (I'll put it first because it's the best)

1114 U St. NW

Etete is two blocks away

1942 9th St. NW

I wish I could remember the name of the jamaican carry out place just around the corner. It's delicious as could be, but it's in a weird spot, so it's kind of hard to describe where it is. Oh, well, if you get a hankering for jamaican, ask people in line, it's likely I'll be one of them. :)

And no, I wouldn't spend $120 on a scalped ticket, if only because it's too early to panic yet -- extras will very likely appear as time goes on.

There are some genuinely cool ethiopian places within a few blocks of the 930 club.

1114 U St. NW

Etete is two blocks away

1942 9th St. NW

I wish I could remember the name of the jamaican carry out place just around the corner. It's delicious as could be, but it's in a weird spot, so it's kind of hard to describe where it is. Oh, well, if you get a hankering for jamaican, ask people in line, it's likely I'll be one of them. :)

And no, I wouldn't spend $120 on a scalped ticket, if only because it's too early to panic yet -- extras will very likely appear as time goes on.

I once paid $390 for four tickets. My buddy and I went (the Chapel Hill opening night - March 5th) and I was going to scalp off the last 2. However, thanks to you guys, I couldn't bear to sell them over the price.

I say scalpers should be made to see the show they are scalping and then put in a chair on stage and made fun of while throwing our fecies at them,then set on fire,then more fecies!YAY!

its not just the gas $$$ to get to philly its also the time. youre talking about 7 hours of driving minimum

sometimes the journey helps to make a show epic & worthwhile..ya gotta trust me.don't pay that kinda bread for any show that doesn't include all-access passes :thumbup. if you can stand the wait just go down day of show & hope for an extra...face value of course :D

1114 U St. NW

true. and sometimes they have live instrumental music, too.

but oooh, ben's chilli bowl. how I love you.

I wish I had money to spend like you guys. Sadly, God cursed me with brains instead.
:rotfl

I have the ca$h but I'd never pay that price. Maybe if it was a theater with no alcohol and a seat in the first 3 rows center. Never in an over crowded over sold club where 25% of the people there prolly never heard a Wilco song, 25% have heard a song but are there to meet up w/friends and talk while slamming brews, 25% like Wilco but aren't die hard enough to not sing every song in your ear and get plowed and 25% are die hard or courteous to other people and are there to hear the music, not Joe and Josephine Blow talk or sing all night. My numbers maybe off but somewhat close.

Plus as Hodie says it's too soon to panic. I'm pretty sure there will be $120 tickets for a while. B)