$120 a piece for 930 club tickets

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

true. and sometimes they have live instrumental music, too.

but oooh, ben's chilli bowl. how I love you.

It is indeed magnificent, particularly the vegetarian chili fries. Seriously.

That's why Wilco should always do two nights at the 930, one night for Ben's and one night for Ethiopian.

Never in an over crowded over sold club where 25% of the people there prolly never heard a Wilco song, 25% have heard a song but are there to meet up w/friends and talk while slamming brews, 25% like Wilco but aren't die hard enough to not sing every song in your ear and get plowed and 25% are die hard or courteous to other people and are there to hear the music, not Joe and Josephine Blow talk or sing all night. My numbers maybe off but somewhat close.

I have to take some exception to that, having seen Wilco something like six times at the 930. The crowd has run the continuum from decent to magnificent whenever I've been there.

I have to take some exception to that, having seen Wilco something like six times at the 930. The crowd has run the continuum from decent to magnificent whenever I've been there.

Easy now. I wasn't attacking your club. I've seen Wilco many times (well over 50) with a good part of those being in clubs. I've had experiences both good and bad. This is a $120 ticket we're talking about. Would I pay $120 for a sold out general admission show in a bar? No. Would I pay $30-$50 for a sold out general admission show in a bar? Every chance I get. It could have been any venue. It just happened to be 9:30. B)

how about Coltrane at The Village Vanguard

BTW does anyone know anyone that saw those Dylan Supper Club shows back in the early 90s or whenever it was??

I SAW Two of those shows, Slept infront of tower records to get FREE!! Tix it was awsome! What ever happened to the DVD? the only bad part was the set list was exactly the same for both shows and the band would start and stop to get the right camera angles. Those were the days, thanks for the memories

I paid well over $120 to see Waits @ the Beacon afew years later (Mule Variations) Best $$$ I've ever spent!

I'm not typically one to give up too easily, and although I have always gotten in to every Wilco show that I've wanted to see, including going to several shows far distances without a ticket and getting one out front, I'm passing on this one. I have instead settled on the West Virginia show the night before. Here's hoping that the two upcoming My Morning Jacket 9:30 shows wont be as difficult to get into. Bring on Morgantown!

For me, its not that the band isnt worth $120. Because let's face it, moments at shows can be priceless. And those moments can last forever (or at least until you go senile).

The problem with the $120 for me is knowing that some f*cker who doesnt even like the band or have a creative bone in his/her body is profiting $90 on the name of one of my favorite bands.

I could bring myself to spend $120 on a band I love in a heartbeat. I could never give $120 to a scalper though.

I paid $200 for a $75 Springsteen ticket five years ago and I gotta say it was worth every penny of it. Might have something to do with being in the front row, on the stage, in my own city where I walked to the venue. Oh yeah and Heidi what time will you arrive in the West VA GA line? Annette and I will see you there.

Oh yeah and Heidi what time will you arrive in the West VA GA line? Annette and I will see you there.

I have no idea when we'll make it -- I don't think I can walk to the venue for this one. :) But we'll see you there whenever we do make it!

Do you know Morgantown at all? I stayed there overnight once and it was surprisingly great, but I have no idea where the venue is relative to where I stayed.

• 4 weeks later...

Nah, it's not difficult to find a cab after a show -- if there aren't any out front, just walk over to U Street.

Will you be going to Union Station? I've had cab drivers not want to take me to places where they won't easily get a fare back, but Union Station should be no problem

I'll be driving down tomorrow afternoon, and heading back immediately after. Can anyone offer any good parking advice? Thanks.

If you can get there early enough (usually before 8-9 ish) you can park in the lot across the street from the club. Otherwise, there's usually street parking but make sure you aren't alone when you walk to your car at midnight. It can be a pretty rough area (although there are some great cafes right around the corner).

See you guys tomorrow!!