• Firefox
    • Opera
    • Netscape
    • Safari
    • Konqueror
    • Maxthon
    • SeaMonkey
    • Other

Firefox is my favorite if for no other reason than the fact that Web Developer Toolbar extension is the greatest thing ever invented and has made my life infinitely easier. :worship

And Firefox is pretty nice from a user standpoint as well, tho I've heard good things about Opera, too.(but haven't really spent enough time exploring it)

i've tried and used pretty much every browser/version under most every platform, and i always go back to Firefox...

Opera is easily the fastest but i can't do without a few Firefox extensions

I won't try to sell Opera too hard cause FF is a great browser, but if it's extensions you miss try this list:

http://files.myopera.com/Rijk/blog/extensions.html

It's a list of Opera equivalents of many extensions.

i will check it out, thanks :)

i use opera sometimes when i just want to whip around as fast as possible, but for work and "hardcore" browsing, i usually use FF

Safari is nice and fast too, and there's decent adblock options, but for some reason i just don't like it as much.

ok, that makes a bit more sense

but IE 7 still has a ton of annoyances, but it is at least a lot more compliant than 6 was thankfully.

as a web developer you really learn to loathe certain browsers/versions :realmad

Yeah. I hate looking at my PNG files on IE.

absolutely. and ie 6 [sic] supports the plug ins that firefox does and it has tabs.

microsoft rules your face.

IE 7 was just Microsoft trying desperately to catch up to what Firefox has been doing for years. And they didn't even manage that. :rolleyes

Plus, Firefox 2 is coming up soon (in beta now I believe), which will put IE 7 even further behind the times. People only use IE because it comes bundled with their OS.

srsly. i had so many stupid issues w/ my new design of arcadefire.net that were all IE 6's fault... UGH

Yeah, I haven't worked too much with the new IE yet, but I've never been a fan of Microsoft's "standards-optional" approach in the past.

Still, my biggest complaint is that I'm not aware of a painless way of debugging javascript errors IE. When clients occasionally call us and report that they're getting javascript errors on our web-based apps, my first question is "Uhhh...is there another browser you could use??" :lol (usually the answer is no, because they're not allowed to install anything) You might as well blindfold me and tie my hands behind my back. :frusty