Sunrise in my backyard this morning

i would like to know when you all are seeing gsteinb? I miss him around here.

Teh gershon has been seen by all of us, though there is no photographic evidence of said meeting. If questioned, he will deny it. He is looking fit and well.

I wish you could be here, ladies. We are having a rockin' good time!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would someone be kind enough to explain to me whether I need to care about the following comment on a torrent I'm downloading (and if so, what should I do when burning it?):

"please note that the samplerate is 48 kHz, and not 44.1 kHz, so you will have to downsample it to 44.1 to make a regular audio cd."

On another note, I use dbpoweramp's cd writer to burn cds. Is there something better out there I should use?

Thanks

Every opossum has his or her own distinctive personality, so temperament and behaviors will vary from one opossum to the next. The optimal age to obtain an opossum is a baby of 5 to 8 weeks of age. Opossums will only make as good a pet as the amount of time you invest in them as babies, and it is critical that you devote extensive time to fondling and training as soon as the infant arrives in your home. Discipline methods include tone of voice, time outs, a spray of water from a bottle, a gentle tap with your finger on their nose or bottom, or noise from a hand vacuum. Never hit or shake because corporal punishment will cause an opossum to bite.

Pet Opossums require full run of the house once they are old enough (5 to 6 months) and tend to neurotically pace or become aggressive when excessively caged. For safety purposes you can, however, confine them to a small room while you are away from home. They are best maintained as an indoor pet with the exception of a bit of fresh air and sunshine while supervised outdoors each day. Remember!! Opossums are excellent climbers and can escape easily over a fence. Opossum have a hairless tail and is prehensile and is used for grasping branches, balancing and carrying nesting material. The opossum does not hang upside down by the tail, a common misconception. The opossum also has opposable thumbs on its hind feet for holding onto branches. Opossums are curious creatures and it is necessary to thoroughly safety proof your home also. Much like measures you would take in caring for an infant child. Opossums are generally non destructive once you understand their behaviors and make the necessary accommodations within your home. Again, they are master climbers and escape artists, so doors must be securely latched and all openings to the outdoors blocked. Lock all your doors and cabinets and secure toilet lids, They must never be left outside unattended. Once they escape they cannot survive on their own.

In captivity, North American Opossums can live up to 10 years. In the wild, however, very few Opossums live past their first year. They have numerous predators, including humans. North American Opossums can make great pets. This is especially true if they are hand fed. Hand feeding should begin before their eyes are open for the best results. Because they are nocturnal they are usually not very sociable during the daytime and this should be kept in mind before purchase. Most tame North American Opossums are slow, calm animals that love to be held. They are not known to bite, unless they feel threatened.

Cute! I've gotten pretty good at dodging 'possums in the road.