have a good one! In your honor I will buy myself the remastered "Quadrophenia" at some point in the future.

:upset :wub :cheekkiss Thank you all for being so much nicer to me than I'll ever deserve.

Amy took Maddie, Jesse and I to Wasabi to celebrate. After a delicious sushi feast, the children took turns teasing me about my argyle socks and tugging on my chin whiskers and suspenders while I smoked my meerschaum pipe. Many of you know how I love to indulge those little hellions but the spectacle of our shenanigans proved too much for such a staid location. Out of deference to our fellow diners, we left the humble eatery, full of the day's good cheer. The children bid us adieu and we were about to begin our sojourn home. I confess I had been indulging in spirits for a good deal of my life the day and lost my footing upon our exit. I had been composing aloud an improvisational sonnet marking the solemnity of the occasion when I stumbled into an elderly couple making their way in a most annoying fashion, up the stairs. Down we went in a tumble and even before settling into a pile at the bottom of the stairs, I could hear the rasping of their petty complaints. After picking them up and dusting them off, they seemed no worse for wear, I resumed the recitation of my soliliquy. They had wanted no part of my apologies and seemed even less pleased by my distraction regarding said opus and began calling loudly for the local constabulary. Our serving woman, perhaps vexed by the modest sum left as a gratuity also took up the call, the disloyal wretch. Other diners, who had complained throughout our meal about our boisterous joviality and were clearly envious of the fondness and esteem in which I'm held by my family, were quick to join in. I soon found myself clapped in irons and hauled off to the hoosegow where I finished my oeuvre with only the gendarme and fellow reprobates as an audience, lying in a puddle of my own sick.

I wish you all could have been there. :cheers :cheekkiss

5 bonus points earned for each use of these vocabulary words in your essay:

-argyle socks

-meerschaum pipe

-shenanigans

-staid

-adieu

-sojourn

-improvisational sonnet

-rasping

-constabulary

-vexed

-joviality

-hoosegow

-gendarme

-reprobates

3 points lost for using:

-eatery

kevin, with one artful display you demonstrate why you are missed so when you are away. :love

also, a new jumpsuit that promises to be "stain-proof" is on its way to you. :thumbup