2006 Vh1 Hip Hop Honors

I missed the Rakim part except for a clip his solo performance I saw on VH1.com, i'll have to peep that. Mike D hasn't looked healthy in years, but he still drops thee science. I onl throw on Bambatta every so often, but i'll be damned if that isn't some otherworldly shit they were throwing down back in the day. ZULU NATION!!!

I will also say that Erykah Badu in full soulsonic gear put the cream in my coffee proper...goddamn.

I just got around to watching it last night. Who the hell chose Diddy and Fabolous to do Mike D and MCA????? Q Tip did an awesome Ad Rock though. Tribe is temporarily back together, they should have done the track.

I thought the MC Lyte performance was good. I enjoyed it, although I never really listened to her. I think I'll have to look out for some of her records.

Rakim was amazing, but was that ever a question?

And oh my god, I hat Lil John. Was it me or did he substitute more than a few words with "krunk"?

I thought the MC Lyte performance was good. I enjoyed it, although I never really listened to her. I think I'll have to look out for some of her records.

MC Lyte is definitely worth checking out, she's had some classic jams over the years. Rhino did a best of comp back in 2001. Album-wise...'Eyes on This' is really the one to own, debut wasn't too bad either.