• no
    • where the hell is ction
    • other

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honey Dip -- Kenny Rd

is Schneider's the place with the fancytronic cakes?

Probably not, considering the owner has never touched a computer and is damn proud of that.

We open at 1/1:30 every am and we make everything by hand that night(if that helps distinguish us from any other place).

Th honey dip on Kenny...is that the one that used to be a Jolly Pirate Donuts? If so, I was sad to see the Jolly Pirate go.... :(

that picture of Ira Glass used to hang in the hallway outside of the local NPR affiliate/station where I went to undergrad. I would pass it frequently on my way to classes........it made me swoony.

you are SO on crack.

That's funny you say that...I just made a red-bell-pepper-and-virgin-olive-oil/red-wine-vinegar-with-portebello mushroom-and-a- dab-of-crack dressing for our salad tonight. Go figure.

Congrats, Alisa. You've wasted a lot less time here than I! :lol

Sam, you okay?

ION, going on a Cub Scout campout right now. Clear skies and cool! :cheers

Have a great weekend, everyone! :pirate

So I've dumped Comcast cable and switched to AT&T/Yahoo DSL. Didn't want to, really -- Comcast's speed was fantastic, but the combined internet/television bill jumped up to around $136/month recently when a year-long promotion ended, and I simply refuse to pay that much for that stuff.

It took an hour and a half on the phone to get the DSL up and running -- apparently all that port forwarding stuff I did for Oink screwed up everything so my computer couldn't recognize the new modem, and it also corrupted the winsock.

Once the first-level, clueless support rep escalated my call to the next level (over an hour into the call), the second-level guy was able to diagnose the problem and help me fix it pretty quickly. Next time I have any kind of problem with my DSL I'll try to get my call escalated a lot faster.

Now I have to figure out whether my Oink days are over... :nailbite Anyone successfully using Oink (with clever connection, etc.) with AT&T/Yahoo DSL?

Edit: Also, I had to install a new phone line near the computer. What a pain in the ass that is. At least I could figure out how to do it myself, and saved the $200 they were going to charge me to have a technician do it.

Now I have to figure out whether my Oink days are over... :nailbite Anyone successfully using Oink (with clever connection, etc.) with AT&T/Yahoo DSL?

Yes. Port forwarding shouldn't have much to do with your actual computer. It requires tinkering with the router and assigning your computer a static IP address from the router (that part you have to do on your computer), but that's it.

Are you on a router, or do you just have your computer hooked up directly to the modem?

Yes. Port forwarding shouldn't have much to do with your actual computer. It requires tinkering with the router and assigning your computer a static IP address from the router (that part you have to do on your computer), but that's it.

Are you on a router, or do you just have your computer hooked up directly to the modem?

Linksys router. I hadn't actually tested Oink before my previous post, and when I did my connection was "clever," so I think I'm fine.

I know that in getting the DSL to work I undid some of the stuff I'd done when I set up port forwarding, but so long as I'm getting a good connection, I guess I'll not worry about it, at least until something goes wrong.

Linksys router. I hadn't actually tested Oink before my previous post, and when I did my connection was "clever," so I think I'm fine.

I know that in getting the DSL to work I undid some of the stuff I'd done when I set up port forwarding, but so long as I'm getting a good connection, I guess I'll not worry about it, at least until something goes wrong.

http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm

you know about this site I take it