'Music's Secret Weapons'...

the UK newspaper The Guardian today had an interesting article on 49 incredible albums you have never heard of. they asked 49 musicians, producers and writers to list their favourite album 'not to be reckoned with'. i was quite impressed as i have only heard of one or two of the albums listed by some respected (and not so respected, ie. songwriter for mcfly) names. anyway, it is an interesting read if you are looking to pick up some fresh new material (as i am off to do tommorow in camden town). :dancing here is a link to the article: http://arts.guardian.co.uk/filmandmusic/st...1888085,00.html

there is also a pretty decent competion along with the article for the Brits out there. they want you to write in and tell them what the 50th is by giving your favourite unknown album along with a brief description. the prize is a 500 pound gift certificate to HMV...that would be wicked! i was thinking about submitting the self-titled loose fur album, but i don't quite think that is 'unknown'. :D

i was thinking about submitting the self-titled loose fur album, but i don't quite think that is 'unknown'. :D

The listed 49 definitely contain a few titles that are much better known than Loose Fur, so you might be safe.