I am trying to break your heart movie

Guest tandylacker

Guest tandylacker

Showing on free movie weekend on the Sundance channel if anyone has dish network...

Anyhow, first time I have seen it. Noticed the fans talking to Jeff Tweedy after the shows--anybody on this board in the movie? What about crazy beard guy?

Also, that Jay Bennett sure is a bitch.

Just wondering...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I have watched it twice. but I have watched the extras many times

i watch the extras more than the movie. so, where are all the outtakes of the solo tweedy performances on disk 2?. hesitating beauty (from memory) is on volume 30 of jesse's dvds, but i'm sure the whole would have been filmed :dancing

What's with the hate? I Am Trying To Break Your Heart is a great, honest, look at the music industry. It has a great story line too it (Sam Jones got incredibly lucky), it's shot beautifuly, the performaces are great, and, atleast, I think it's really interesting watching Wilco work in the studio.

What's with the hate? I Am Trying To Break Your Heart is a great, honest, look at the music industry. It has a great story line too it (Sam Jones got incredibly lucky), it's shot beautifuly, the performaces are great, and, atleast, I think it's really interesting watching Wilco work in the studio.

:thumbup

yea i love the movie, i bought it and have watched it a few times... its cool to actually see the story behind one of my favorite albums... plus the solo version of i am trying to break your heart in the intro is worth the price of admission

I've watched it at least 5 times. I never get tired of it.

I've watched it, uh, a few times. :ninja

I've sat through the commentary on more than one occassion. They're a fun group of guys to just listen in on. Jeff seems to have a fixation on the size of his ass in the movie.

I saw it in a movie theater when it was first out, but haven't seen it since. I am pretty sure I am not in it.

Guest tandylacker
That hand motion is awfully suggestive...

With that hand motion, I think he is trying to tell me I would have more luck rolling my favorite number in dice than have someone on this message board be in this movie.

Or something.

Wait... no... I get it now. That is awfully suggestive, sexually that is. Not in the rolling dice way.

This movie definitely seems to have the wah wah wah, we are such a great band, how can they drop us, well fuck 'em! type attitude.

But then again, they are a great band and it was crazy to drop them. So fuck 'em!

So... anybody on this board in the movie? Crazy beard guy after the first live performance.. are you on here?

I saw it in the theater in San Diego, Louisville and Richmond and have probable watched the dvd 5 or 6 times, the extras, maybe twice as much. I enjoy it every time, but the first time in the theater was way cool.