Membership privilages gone?

With a $10 payment last January, it seems I shoud retain privileges till the end of October.

Editing my post is no longer gratis.

As soon as the Paypal deposit comes through I will reup. Just curious, however.

Edited by M. Christine

I have decided to do away with the subscriptions model and just do strictly donations...

I added all of the same features of the gold membership (and then some) to all Members. If there is a feature of the gold membership that i've missed, let me know, but i thought i matched them up with what they were (you should all have the capacity for 250 PM's now at least?)

My reasoning behind this was twofold...

First, the subscriptions and benefits didn't seem to really generate much of the support/interest to donate, which we'd hoped for. it ended up being merely a very small kickaback for those who would have donated anyway.

Second, the subscription system built into Invision Board was not without flaws... i can't tell you the # of times we had someone PM us to say they couldn't get it to work for one reason or another. So i decided to make it much easier/clear cut to donate. I still have records of every donation via PayPal, which is a much easier and more secure way to keep all of the transactions. Back when the server crashed in February, i was so worried about losing data mostly for the fact that having to manually re-enter all of the subscription info and modifying members, would have been a nightmare. Also, getting rid of the subscription model allows me to possibly switch forum types in the future, should i choose to.

I feel that we've gotten like 99% of our donations based on just the kindness and helpfulness of all of you guys, and the best way i/we can repay you is to provide the best possible user experience and board stability that i can. I'm still exploring the possibility of other features that people who donate will be able to use/access in the future however, outside of just the forum functions.

I hope you all understand this decision and realize that your donations are still very much appreciated and truly are the reason that this site is able to not only exist, but also thrive.

:cheers

If there is a feature of the gold membership that i've missed, let me know

Can we do away with the "This post has been edited by : Date, Time" messages? I hate that crap, especially since I'm the kind of person who frequently goes back and adds stuff to posts within a minute or two of submitting them.

I think I've seen on other boards a checkbox option that users could mark to suppress that message.

Eeehhhhhhxxxssssssselllllllent. I think that's it for my nitpicking, thanks!

Out of curiosity, is that a personal preference setting now, or did you just do away with it for the whole board? I couldn't find anything in my settings when I looked a few minutes ago.

Also: I'm not sure how you're randomizing your avatar, but it's teh coolness.

You ment for flood control to be back on I take it.

it was on before too...

it's set to 15 seconds currently, which is plenty fast

if it's not set correctly it adds to the server load and opens spammers even moreso