Wichita - Set list

A lot to talk about, but I don't have much time now.

Suffice it to say I was front row, got some great pics, became part of the show when Jeff took my camera, got the set-list, had it autographed after the show by Jeff, met some awesome VCers and had an incredible time. :cheers

Here's the setlist as typed by the band:

Airline

BYH

At Least...

Muzzle

HS Drugs

Impossible Germany

War On War

Radio Cure

Shot

Jesus

Walken

Flowers

Theologians

I'm the Man

Misunderstood

----

Hummingbird

HMD

Cali Stars

Late Greats

---

Via Chicago (did not play)

LNGCA

Kingpin

Wheel

Edie can verify accuracy when she gets online. She was keeping score. She also counted a record(?) 48 "nothings" in Misunderstood ...

I'll try to get some pics uploaded within a few days. Need to go through them and do some photoshop touch up.

There was also a taper there. Forgot his name (apologies) ... but he said he thought the quality was pretty good.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep... 48... that was crazy.

i've got some cool shots, but have tons of work to do today, so won't get them up 'til tomorrow.

nice show... not as good as KC... but well worth the 2.5 hour drive there and back. jeff's banter was friggin' hilarious, too. must get a copy of this show.

okay, back to work.

This was my first Wilco show. Ive been a long time fan, just never had a good chance to see them. I was kind of disappointed when I saw the setup of the venue, but I loved how close the crowd was to the stage. I was blown away by the presense the band had with the crowd. This is going to be the first of many Wilco shows :)

Misunderstood was simply amazing. It left me so drained after the 48 nothings. Hah... Very cool stuff. I am very interested in a tape of the show. I also took some nice photos that Ill upload either tonite or tomorrow at work.

Cheers.

Great time - really enjoyed hanging out with Christine, Donna, and Edie before the show and experiencing the show with all them on the front row! Very nice folks - a great way to pass the time on a chilly, drizzly evening. They're traveling to Springfield for tonight's show, so wish them well... There's a good group pic on someone's camera with Clay (creativetype) and Oceanman and all us other VCers - someone will post it, I'm sure. Hopefully the pic that Jeff took of the crowd when he took Clay's camera will show up - that was a great moment! Wasn't sure how many people would be coming to a Sunday night show in Wichita since there were only about a hundred people in line when the doors opened, but it filled up nicely. Pretty interesting venue with the bandshell behind them and the round, domed ceiling. Good sound, so hopefully the taper got a good recording. That's all my fuzzy brain can come up with on 3 hours of sleep - work will be a character-builder today!

Suffice it to say I was front row, got some great pics, became part of the show when Jeff took my camera, got the set-list, had it autographed after the show by Jeff, met some awesome VCers and had an incredible time. :cheers

Here's the setlist as typed by the band:

Airline

BYH

At Least...

Muzzle

HS Drugs

Impossible Germany

War On War

Radio Cure

Shot

Jesus

Walken

Flowers

Theologians

I'm the Man

Misunderstood

----

Hummingbird

HMD

Cali Stars

Late Greats

---

Via Chicago (did not play)

LNGCA

Kingpin

Wheel

Edie can verify accuracy when she gets online. She was keeping score. She also counted a record(?) 48 "nothings" in Misunderstood ...

I'll try to get some pics uploaded within a few days. Need to go through them and do some photoshop touch up.

There was also a taper there. Forgot his name (apologies) ... but he said he thought the quality was pretty good.

What is BYH?

break your heart... as in "i am trying to..."

Of Course, I was trying to think of wilco songs that start with B Blue eyed soul and Box of letters was all I came up with, "Bang Your Head" maybe they worked in a Quiet Riot cover. was that song titled "mental Health"?

Of Course, I was trying to think of wilco songs that start with B Blue eyed soul and Box of letters was all I came up with, "Bang Your Head" maybe they worked in a Quiet Riot cover. was that song titled "mental Health"?

Metal Health :hmm

Must purge brain of scary 80s pop culture references... I blame my high school b.f. (I think his favourite band was Ratt, or something.)

hsbf: What are you listening to?

me: The Beatles

hsbf: Judy, only you would like that crap.

me: Um... :lol

Hello all,

I'm brand new to viachicago but not to Wilco. I just heard about this board at the Wichita show and thought i would come join in on all the fun. The show was awesome. It was my third time to see them and i thought it was the best of the three. 48 is what i counted too, i think the most i've heard before was something like 36. thats alot. good times...

Congrats creativetype, very cool moment. Thanks for sharing the setlist. Here's a very fuzzy photo of Jeff taking your photo (let's hope Jeff is a better photographer than me!). ;)

IMG_4833.jpg

Loved the show. Misunderstood was especially poignant IMHO; 48 "nothins" is amazing...most I've heard in the handful of shows we've seen...but not surprising...a very cathartic moment. Think Jeff was completely right about having scream therapy with your fellow man too...I do feel lighter today (despite the lack of sleep and sore throat). :yes Was great to hear Radio Cure as well.

Kidsmoke, we (hubby is atomicblooz BTW) looked for you but alas, couldn't find anyone that fit the description you gave. :ohwell Hopefully next time. :) We were about three rows back on Pat's end.

Look forward to hearing more about the camera incident.

Since Clay (creativetype) is out of pocket today, I'll try and provide a little more detail on the camera incident....

Clay was taking pics of some people he knew (we were on the rail), and it was when the band was coming out for the encore, and his flash went off (he'd had it turned off all night so it wouldn't disturb the band), and Jeff asked him "did you want to be in the picture?" and asked for his camera. My first thought was "oh man, Jeff's pissed and Clay's not getting his camera back!" But Jeff took the picture of us, and the crowd's in the background with hands raised - very cool shot! We talked to Jeff after the show and he was excited about taking that pic - said "it turned out pretty good, huh? and if you use it anywhere, make sure I get the credit!"

M. Christine's in the pic, and half of Kidsmoke is in it - we were all in front of Jeff. I'm sure Clay can provide more details later, but it was a cool moment... Donna/Kidsmoke got a pic of Jeff taking the pic also.

Hi everybody!

I'm new to Via Chicago, but I've been a Wilco fan for quite a while. For a long time I wanted my first actual concert to be Wilco, and I was simply amazed. EVERYTHING was incredible! I knew it was going to be great, but I was blown away.

After the concert, Jeff signed my Ghost is Born cover. I wanted to thank him for making such an impact on my life and for all of his incredible music, but I was so shy and starstuck that hardly anything came out of my mouth. So if you're out there, Jeff, thank you.

If anyone has pictures, and tapes especially, I would also be interested.

Nice to meet everyone!

Kiel

Wilco in Wichta was a dream come true...Never hear em on the radio...They were sooo tight. The sound mix was perfect (you could hear everything and singing along was easy) I even noticed some new lyrics in Heavy Metal Drummer. I agree with the set list above. WoW. What was that dreamy intro piece?

I remember Summerfest having the record for some reason.

Summerfest crossed 50... but I don't think that's the record. I think Tweedling's right, that it's closer to 70. Anybody know definitively?

Seems like froggie ought to get on this asap.

Sooooo...yeah, that was a good show. I had to spend most of my time back in the tables because I was reviewing the show for my college's paper (BC represent!) but I made it down to the floor for Misunderstood and the encores. Misunderstood live, I've decided, may be the single greatest experience in rock 'n' roll ever anywhere at all.

Anyway, if anyone finds out if that show's up somewhere, I am interested in the extreme. I was going to tape it myself, but I forgot to bring a minidisc recorder.