Wichita - Set list

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jono! How come we didn't meet up at the concert? I totally forgot you were going ot be there. Where was your vantage point? We were six back, dead center for the amazing show. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the night.
Hey me boyo! We didn't meet up because I was too dumb to remember to ask if you were going. Also, I was back in the tables up through Misunderstood because I had to review the thing. When I went to the floor, I made my way up to about the middle of the crowd, in roughly the center. Boy, that was a great spot when they hit the loud part in Misunderstood. I can only liken it to this one ride at Six Flags, a logjam type ride, but after you're done you get to stand on the bridge overlooking the drop and you get slammed with a fifty-foot-high wall of water when the logs hit. That's sort of what it felt like.
You catch on pretty fast around here for a newbie :thumbup

Thats what I'v been doin' this evening... working on it.

it took me until today to recoup enough from the 16 hour 800 mile RT i made to capture it on Sunday and real job duties waiting on Monday.

Can we get a status on the recording?

Congrats creativetype, very cool moment. Thanks for sharing the setlist. Here's a very fuzzy photo of Jeff taking your photo (let's hope Jeff is a better photographer than me!). ;)

IMG_4833.jpg

Loved the show. Misunderstood was especially poignant IMHO; 48 "nothins" is amazing...most I've heard in the handful of shows we've seen...but not surprising...a very cathartic moment. Think Jeff was completely right about having scream therapy with your fellow man too...I do feel lighter today (despite the lack of sleep and sore throat). :yes Was great to hear Radio Cure as well.

Kidsmoke, we (hubby is atomicblooz BTW) looked for you but alas, couldn't find anyone that fit the description you gave. :ohwell Hopefully next time. :) We were about three rows back on Pat's end.

Look forward to hearing more about the camera incident.

I think that might be my girlfriend's head.

What a fantastic show.

Anyone else from the Tulsa area that made the drive?

I think that might be my girlfriend's head.

What a fantastic show.

Anyone else from the Tulsa area that made the drive?

There's some Tulsans on the right-hand side of the picture Jeff took. One owns the Blue Moon cafe on Peoria.

In front of John and Pat (front row) were a bunch of OSU students I met while waiting in line.

I think us Okies were very well represented in Wichita.

There's some Tulsans on the right-hand side of the picture Jeff took. One owns the Blue Moon cafe on Peoria.

In front of John and Pat (front row) were a bunch of OSU students I met while waiting in line.

I think us Okies were very well represented in Wichita.

You Okies are mighty fine concert buds as well. :)

my high school orchestra pissed off a bunch of okies when we beat them in an orchestra concert. i swear i'm never going to oklahoma ever. at least without proper protection.

These Okies were delightful conversationalists and perfect gentlemen.

Does anybody know when this show will be out?

Soon, complete with some outstanding art done by "creativetype" with those kick ass photos of his that have been seen here. This may be the first fan compiled package that has a photo credit from a band member.

I kind of like to have some fresh ears listen and proof the recording before it's shared in mass, and that's being done now.

Chill out you have still have the memory.

dave

Soon, complete with some outstanding art done by "creativetype" with those kick ass photos of his that have been seen here. This may be the first fan compiled package that has a photo credit from a band member.

I kind of like to have some fresh ears listen and proof the recording before it's shared in mass, and that's being done now.

dave

Hey thanks for the update. Sorry to sound anxious, but I guess I'm just used to the DMB tapers that have the show out the next day...just glad to know that it'll be here soon!

dave

Cool to hear it. For anyone who still cares, my review will be published on Thursday, so I'll make it available then.
Cool to hear it. For anyone who still cares, my review will be published on Thursday, so I'll make it available then.

jono11, been looking for it, so yes, please do post a link when you get a chance. (Not sure I was looking in the right place...how often does the paper come out?) Thank you in advance! :)

And appreciate all the effort timewasajoke and creativetype are putting into this recording. :worship Will look forward to it whenever it's done. Sounds like you guys have done something special to commemorate such a great night. Big thanks to you as well!

When we were waiting for the show to start, I heard someone say "Is anyone here actually from Wichita?"

Ha, not sure if that was me, but I did say that. I was representing OKC. Even those I talked to who live in Kansas drove a considerable distance to be there. Maybe Wichita isn't a great place for Wilco to play. Or maybe it's perfect because it's a central location for all of us.