• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm STILL going with a Cleveland/LA matchup in the Finals.   Orlando's 3-point shooting is insanely good. They will NOT keep up the torid pace. Orlando is gonna give it all in Game 5, and will keep it

Posted Images

I'm not sure how much Ben Wallace is going to help them. They were already the best defensive team in the league, but they lacked a consistent scoring presence down low.

Now they will have the best defensive team in the league with an even more inconsistent scoring presence down low.

"Them" being the bulls.

I'm going to say the Heat are probably the favorites in the East, based solely on the fact that they are the defending champs.

I would be more optimistic if Dorrell Wright hadn't gotten injured, because he could've taken away some minutes from Antoine Walker, which is always a plus. Hopefully Wayne Simien gets some more playing time. He looked really good last year.

Yeah, of course the Heat are the favorites. Last year the East was really just the Heat and Pistons at the top, and everyone else trailing them. The Heat won out last year and haven't changed substantially while the Pistons have gotten a little bit worse. A few other teams have gotten better, but I don't think anyone would challenge you on the Heat being the favorites.

And yeah, defense wasn't the Bulls' biggest weakness, but they still improve quite a bit by bringing in Ben Wallace. They could easily be #2 in the East this year (although I think the Pistons probably will still be a bit better than them in the regular season).

Although I am pretty confident that the Heat are the best team in the East.

I'm not seeing it. Shaq's not getting any younger, you know.

They'll be damn good, and in the end you may be right, but they're falling back toward the rest of the pack in my estimation.

I'm not seeing it. Shaq's not getting any younger, you know.

They'll be damn good, and in the end you may be right, but they're falling back toward the rest of the pack in my estimation.

Yeah, but Wade can only get better (scary to think about, but most basketball players don't hit their peak at 23, so he's got to get better).

I just hope Antoine Walker injures the part of his brain that makes him chuck up three after three...

N E T S !

I bet many of you have already seen this,but in case you haven't (esp. for old-school Nets,Nuggets,Spurs & Pacers fans)

http://www.remembertheaba.com

First of all,thank you (& you know who you are :D ) for NOT mentioning the events of the last couple of weeks here in the basketball capital of the universe :thumbup.

Stephen Jackson=Ron Artest= :frusty :frusty :frusty :frusty :realmad :realmad :realmad

i figured you must be in north carolina until i got to the end of your post.

I'm pretty excited about this year - bought my season tix for the Hornets here in OKC. But what a tough division - Spurs, Mavs, Rockets, Grizzlies.... we added Peja and Bobby Jackson and a few others that should help, and we've still got our rookie of last year Chris Paul to distribute the ball.... What can you Chicago people tell me about Tyson Chandler? He says he'll be an all-star this year, but so far hasn't shown much in the pre-season besides getting more fouls than rebounds and tweaking his ankle....

Chris Paul will go down as one of the greatest point guards in NBA history. It's crazy that 5 guys went before him in the draft. Those teams will all regret it.

i was season ticket holder of the game for a preseason game vs the Magic a few weeks ago - got to meet Chris Paul on the court and get my pic taken with him. I'm a good 2" taller than him. He's got mad skillz, though, whereas I do not... but yeah, the dude's pretty good....