I just found out tonight that the Pacers have Maceo Baston. So...they're finished.

Tanks for the vote of confidence.Here's a fairly accurate assessment from the head beat writer:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...436/1004/SPORTS

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm STILL going with a Cleveland/LA matchup in the Finals.   Orlando's 3-point shooting is insanely good. They will NOT keep up the torid pace. Orlando is gonna give it all in Game 5, and will keep it

Posted Images

2%. Really? You're nitpicking, man.

Like I said, I'd rather not have Payton on the floor. Posey, I'll take, since he's a great defender. Shaq doesn't need to play in the regular season. They are going to make the playoffs regardless. I should repeat this a couple of more times...

It looks like the Magic are gonna be just fine with their team, judging by exactly one game (which was, of course enough for you to completely write the Heat off, so I guess it's good enough for me).

I was kidding on the 2%; he does need to improve his shooting this year.

I didn't write off the Heat, I think I said they would figure it out and have the experience edge in th end. I wouldn't want to be the Nets tomorrow night.

The Magic looked good. Howard is the real deal.

Big Al broke out of a mini-slump tonight (32 pts.).I much as I liked seeing Peja shoot the ball,Donnie Walsh shoulda brought Al back last winter.

I'm just thankful we didn't lose to Thomas.Then I'd be dreading work on Monday.

Hornets are 3-0 after dispatching the Celtics on the road, Pacers on the road, and Houston in New Orleans. Peja seemed to get on track last night, hitting 5-8 3's.... I know it's early, but I'm liking being at the top of the division ahead of Dallas and the Spurs....

Meanwhile, in Orlando Dwight Howard goes for 21 points and 22 rebounds.

He looks like young, faster Shaq. He's amazing.

In other words, he looks like Wilt Chamberlain. Seriously.

• 1 month later...
Golden State sends Mike Dunleavy, Troy Murphy, Ike Diogu, and Keith McLeod to Indiana for Al Harrington, Stephen Jackson, Sarunas Jasikevicius, and Josh Powell.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2733891

Good deal for the Pacers, IMO.

There is a God! I hate to see Al go, but as I've said way too many times Jackson is a cancer & he HAD to go. I dunno if this translates to more wins (probably not) for the Pacers but I'm happy regardless.

Last year--Pacers after 40 games: 20-20. 2nd half: 21-21

This year--Pacers after 40 games: 20-20.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. :hmm

We've started off slow the past three years, and the regular season doesn't really matter for us anyways.

Bobbob, your Heat better step it up. Half-way point and they're out of the playoffs as of now. What do you think?

Bobbob, your Heat better step it up. Half-way point and they're out of the playoffs as of now. What do you think?

Well, they've played the entire season without Shaq, and about 10 games without Wade or Shaq, so I'd say they haven't been too fortunate. With Shaq back soon, they'll finish the season as the most dangerous 6,5, or 4 seed in the playoffs.

• 2 weeks later...

The Pacers have won 5 of 6 games since Stephen Jackson left town......just sayin' :D

Also, yesterday the Pacers turned 40 :cheers On Feb. 2, 1967 the ABA officially formed. And of the 4 teams that continued into the NBA, Indiana is the only original ABA franchise.

The Pacers have won 5 of 6 games since Stephen Jackson left town......just sayin' :D

...so Jack comes to Indy for the first time since the trade & burns the nets for 36 points, Warriors win going away. I gotta quit shooting my mouth off in this thread! :punch

More bad news in Hoopsville: Jamaal Tinsley & Marquis Daniels involved in a bar fight after the Warriors game Monday night. Allegedly Tinsley threatened to kill the owner of the bar & both he & Daniels punched the owner, who now sports a broken jaw.

Currently under investigation....