Elliott Smith is missed.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that this was his last show. I, unfortunately, was not there.

09.19.03 - redfest - salt lake city, ut

happiness

memory lane

fond farewell

plainclothes man

st. ides heaven

division day

i figured you out

a passing feeling

something to lose

needle in the hay

i better be quiet now

waltz #2 (xo)

between the bars

rose parade

say yes

long long long

i knew what yesterday was and apparently my Ipod did too. everytime elliott would come on in the shuffle the ipod would play 2 more elliott songs after that, then go back to shuffling. i didn't have any settings on my shuffle either... very strange, but kinda cool.

I saw two of his last shows ever

6/5/03 Maxwells Hoboken, NJ

6/7/03 Field Day, Giants Stadium NJ

It was awesome to hear the new stuff live. I also got to speak to Elliott at both of these shows. I miss him and his shows were a real treat. :hmm

elliottus0.jpg

Picture from before the Maxwells show...

i remember after stevie ray vaughan died jimmy vaughan said something like "the world misses his music, but i miss my brother"

i really miss elliott smith as much as i do his music. i loved seeing concert footage and interviews with him. everyone looked at him as some depressed drug addict but i loved everything about the man. its sad he died when he did, he was finally getting clean and getting back on track.

I was in the computer lab for a class and typically was messing around on the internet rather then doing my French homework and saw it, I think it was the day after. I was pretty gutted, as I'd just gotten him that year and was really looking forward to hearing the album that became Basement. He's one of the most talented song-writers and musicians of my lifetime.

--Mike

Its sad he died when he did, he was finally getting clean and getting back on track.

Didn't he like stab himself in the heart with a steak knife? How is that getting back on track?

I don't have any opinion on this, other than he made good music, I just thought that was a bit of an odd choice of words. I don't mean to be a dick, and I know I'm probably coming off as a huge dick, but I always thought it was a suicide?

Didn't he like stab himself in the heart with a steak knife? How is that getting back on track?

I don't have any opinion on this, other than he made good music, I just thought that was a bit of an odd choice of words. I don't mean to be a dick, and I know I'm probably coming off as a huge dick, but I always thought it was a suicide?

Actually his girlfriend is considered a murder suspect? It hasn't been officially ruled yet from what I last heard.