Jeff Tweedy:Sunken Treasure DVD

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright. i think someone asked this earlier, but still hasn't gotten a response. Do I need to have a dvd burner in order for my computer to even read the disk? Or should a cd drive be able to read the disk? Cause all i have is a cd drive, and nothing is happening... :(

alright. i think someone asked this earlier, but still hasn't gotten a response. Do I need to have a dvd burner in order for my computer to even read the disk? Or should a cd drive be able to read the disk? Cause all i have is a cd drive, and nothing is happening... :(

You need a DVD drive.

This is still happening for me. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure what I did. My default browser was Firefox and that wasn't working, so I changed it to IE, but that didn't work either. So I changed it back to Firefox, and suddenly clicking on it would make the songs download.

It's a mystery.

Since when is San Francisco in the Pacific Northwest anyway?

Signed Greg from Richmond, VA in the MidWest.

All joking aside, another excellent document of Tweedy/Wilco. I like the the set up with a bit of flavor from each town: streetscapes, the audience, slice of life shots, bridges, industry, the redwoods, all very beautifully shot.

The mix of interviews and songs is just about right and despite what I thought upon first seeing the song listing, it's a pretty good mix. I mean even if it were 8 hours long, and included nearly every Tupelo, Wilco, Loose Fur, Minus 5, Golden Smog song, someone on here would be upset that he left off a Primitives song from 1985. That being said, thanks Jeff for allowing us such a personal peak into your life. This should be a nice tide over until April.

all i get is this message and Ive tried some of your suggestions.

"the bonus materials will be posted shortly."

I should wait???

i think i will.

I'm getting the same thing.

Before I wasn't able to update my Quicktime to accept flash, but then I upgraded to the newest quicktime and I was able to do that.

What does IE or Firefox have to do with it? I checked wilcoworld to see if there was some sort of link, but didn't see anything.

well i'm getting the message that they're going to be posted shortly, but in the meantime, for anyone who's having trouble getting the .mov file to work, if you open quicktime first, and then click open file, and then navigate to the file on the dvd, it opens fine.

Glenn's pretty much incredible. Laminated Cat on the DVD is awesome.

Its funny how freaking likeable he is as a fellow and a musician. When there was little glimpses of him before the songs he played came up my girlfriend and I just kept saying "Oh look there's Glenn. Yeah Glenn, I can't wait til he plays."

But, as a ticket buyer I also deserve to not be treated like a 3rd grader.

What I can't help but think of is when he visited Denver. He tried the whole lets see if we can all be quiet together for a half a minute to see what it feels like. There was like fifteen or twenty people that just couldn't handel it. They screamed inane shit every couple seconds. They felt like third graders to me. It was as if theyre scared of being earnest or sincere in absorbing something artistic, or engaging in a moving communal experience. And he gave a similar sermon as what you see on the DVD, but I didn't at all feel like I was being treated as a 3rd grader, because he was adressing about twenty people in a crowd of a thousand who were ruining it for everyone because they were acting childish.