Jeff Tweedy:Sunken Treasure DVD

Anyone know if the band makes more money off stuff ordered in the Wilco store vs. in any retail store? My suspicion is yes for the former, but just wondering if anyone knew definitively.

I don't know for sure but they must. Otherwise why would they offer free stuff (post cards) and reduced price books? i got "Adult Head" for 5 bucks and the back of it reads a $15 value.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my Sunken Treasure today at the Stillwater Hasting's for $17.99 (DVD only). My receipt said I saved two bucks. :thumbup

Watched most of it last night. Sounded great! :music

I was pretty annoyed at the crowd's obnoxious behavior, though (a few bad apples spoiling it for the respectful fans) and the fact that Jeff had to deal with it on numerous occasions. And what the hell is so funny about "Theologians?" ...

:angry

Got my Sunken Treasure today at the Stillwater Hasting's for $17.99 (DVD only). My receipt said I saved two bucks. :thumbup

Watched most of it last night. Sounded great! :music

I was pretty annoyed at the crowd's obnoxious behavior, though (a few bad apples spoiling it for the respectful fans) and the fact that Jeff had to deal with it on numerous occasions. And what the hell is so funny about "Theologians?" ...

:angry

I saw it all on the webcast. The Theologians funny was the falsetto. Apparently some chicks found the falsetto funny.

The Black Eye insult was particularly infuriating......... :angry :angry :angry :angry :angry :angry :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad

The Black Eye insult was particularly infuriating......... :angry :angry :angry :angry :angry :angry :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad

Unless he was using reverse psychology and trying to get Jeff to play it in spite of him . Hell, look at the band Primus. If you're at a show, the anthem "Primus sucks" is a compliment. Maybe he was just trying to start a new Tweedy anthem. Don't know though...., and I too find most of the obnoxius comments annoying, but they do lead to some great Tweedy banter.

the only special feature is that you get to download all the tracks as mp3s from the internet. apparently they haven't posted the tracks yet though.

Are you sure that they're the same tracks as on the DVD? That email that foolnrian posted earlier didn't say that explicitly--just that it would be mp3s recorded during filming.

After watching it I have a better understanding of why Jeff was so irritated by the "talkers" on that tour. I was irritated before the first song was over.

I didn't notice the talking much during the songs on the dvd, with the exception of the people who were yelling out to him, which he seemed to be enjoying.

Well I hope when I get home tonight from work mine will be waiting to be watched :dancing

Look forward to the postcards. Guess I should have got Adult Head for the $5 instead of full

price at the show, ended up buying it twice, I laid it down in the bathroom and before I could turn

back around to go back, well you guessed it, so I had to get another one... :dontgetit

Interesting book of poems... Hope the dvd has arrived home :pray

from the news on wilcoworld

The audio tracks of all the songs featured on the DVD also will be available for anyone who purchases Sunken Treasure to download for free

out of curiosity, when you go to download the tracks when they become available, how do you obtian them? is there a password or something that comes with the dvds that were pre-ordered or do you give an order # or something along those lines? i pre-ordered but won't be recieving my dvd until friday so i am curious to see how accessing the tracks works.

cheers fellas.

out of curiosity, when you go to download the tracks when they become available, how do you obtian them? is there a password or something that comes with the dvds that were pre-ordered or do you give an order # or something along those lines? i pre-ordered but won't be recieving my dvd until friday so i am curious to see how accessing the tracks works.

cheers fellas.

it's just a quicktime file you run that links you to a website. i'm not sure if you have to have the cd in the tray or not, the instructions just say copy the file to your harddrive and execute it.

Is anybody else having any trouble accessing the downloads & other bonus stuff? I preordered from Music Today, & at the spot where I am supposed to be able to access the goodies, it reads "Place Holder Content to Be Posted Before DVD Goes On Sale." If anybody knows what I need to do, would greatly appreciate your advice & counsel...

Jeff