Jeff Tweedy:Sunken Treasure DVD

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be quiet if I were at a show because I paid money to see it. But, as a ticket buyer I also deserve to not be treated like a 3rd grader.

At least he realizes it and says "I had a hissy fit the other night in Portland."

I know this isn't a popular opinion.

I would be quiet if I were at a show because I paid money to see it. But, as a ticket buyer I also deserve to not be treated like a 3rd grader.

At least he realizes it and says "I had a hissy fit the other night in Portland."

I know this isn't a popular opinion.

It's not a popular opinion because most of us are taking it in the context of what happened. At least put yourself in his position, you'll probably see things differently.

QUOTE(markosis @ Oct 23 2006, 06:12 PM) *

I heard some dude jumps onstage during one of the sets and Jeff beats him to death with his guitar.

yes

and no, because said incident didn't happen on the northwest coast. Duh! :P

You're right, that was pure Midwestern hospitality. (And I can say that because I'm Kansas born and bred.... And proud of it!) :thumbup

Who is the guy with sunglasses that sings along with Jeff? And when they're going over the setlist, what song do you think they are both shocked to see on the list? Just speculation is all I want.

I was dork enough to pause on the setlist when they showed it, and since I had the same reaction to seeing "Hillbilly Drummer Girl" on there, I'm going to assume that was the song. :lol

I was dork enough to pause on the setlist when they showed it, and since I had the same reaction to seeing "Hillbilly Drummer Girl" on there, I'm going to assume that was the song. :lol

shit. doesn't make any sense for Jeff, but would've been cool nonetheless :D

i pre-ordered from amazon (because the music today shipping is ridiculous) and they still haven't shipped the damn thing...

:frusty

Cheapest shipping yes. They did ship mine but I didn't recieve it yesterday (Tuesday). Perhaps it will come today. I sure hope so.

I also pre-ordered from Amazon back in early September and it says mine has not yet shipped either. :realmad I don't remember why I didn't order form Wilcoworld in the first place. Thinking about going to Tower Records tomorrow and picking one up but since they're in the middle of their going out of business sale, I don't know if I'll be able to return it when mine comes in the mail. Damn damn damn .....

:yes

check out his 18 Nov 97 show.... someone in the crowd yells out "NO TUPELO!"

and jeff plays a one-off version of That year. afterwards he says "thats for the guy that yelled out no tupelo"

edited to add, here it is:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9sai42

Froggie, you are wealth of wilco knowledge, a gem for VC. Thanks my amphibious friend!

Iglesia

Thinking about going to Tower Records tomorrow and picking one up but since they're in the middle of their going out of business sale, I don't know if I'll be able to return it when mine comes in the mail. Damn damn damn .....

I may be wrong, but because Tower is going out of business, it appears they're not getting any new releases in.

That Jeff Tweedy fella was in my mailbox when I got home yesterday!

Kudos to all involved ... it's a beautiful document.

And thanks to whomever for putting the posters in postcard format ... I love them!

bought & watched it last night.... awesome.

saw him in lincoln and thought the DVD really captured the mood/ambience of the show i saw.

not sure why but i found it humorous that somebody felt they needed to write in the dust on the tour bus "sorry about the talkers in Portland" or something like that... i kinda like the talkers. like somebody said above, it inspires some pretty entertaining give and take and, i believe, adds to the show. i like seeing tweedy get a little edgy.

great movie --- can't wait to make the kids to watch it with me tonight.

That Jeff Tweedy fella was in my mailbox when I got home yesterday!

Apparently something happened with my order and it did not arrive as promised. I'm glad I decided to watch on Monday night after all. No response from the website either.

Should've ordered through Amazon.

I enjoyed the DVD for the glimpse that it provided. That said, I wish they had included Jeff's story about the Ameobia (?) Records incident in San Francisco. I also would have liked to have had Spiders (Kidsmoke) included, along with a few other songs he plays regularly during his acoustic tours (Mountain Bed, Bob Dylan's 49th Beard).

Finally, if Jeff or someone with influence, authority, or power reads this, I would love for them to at some point offer downloads to all the songs from the shows that are included on this DVD and not just the songs that appear in the film (same thing with KT live cd as well).

These aren't complaints, but rather my ideal. I hope I don't sound ungrateful, because this will be the second best birthday gift I receive this year after any arts and crafts my daughter creates for me.

THANKS JEFF.

not sure why but i found it humorous that somebody felt they needed to write in the dust on the tour bus "sorry about the talkers in Portland" or something like that... i kinda like the talkers. like somebody said above, it inspires some pretty entertaining give and take and, i believe, adds to the show. i like seeing tweedy get a little edgy.

You evidently did not attend any of the shows...

While i don't mind Jeff's play to be edgy it's kind of annoying when people are trying to talk over the edgy play. Thank God the movie did not capture the annoyance of some members of the audience.

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. It gives a great retrospective of everything about that short NW tour. From the weather, the beautiful scenery that region offers, the cool venues Jeff played, up to the most important aspect of any tour... the Music!

yeah i noticed the wilco website didnt say the songs would be posted soon so i poped in the cd and it freezes up when i click extras. Also the wilco website is running slow so im guessing it'll run smooth in a about 30 mins i hope. I want these SONGS ALREADY :music :D