Jeff Tweedy:Sunken Treasure DVD

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to Hastings yesterday, at Noon and they still hadn't put them on the shelves. So I went and asked, and Yes they had two copies, NO THEY COULD NOT FIND THEM!!!!??? I am pissed. and then I spent the money on mushrooms. You see what happens Hastings, when you don't have what I need??!!!

the dvd actually surpassed my expectations. it's just damn beautiful at times

I agree. I knew I would enjoy it, but it ended up being more than just good music. It became sort of a meditation on why we go to shoes, what it all means. This film has a storyline that shows the interaction of an artist and his audience. Tweedy's comment about these shows functioning the same way a church should rang very true. I certainly felt like the film gave me a chance to kind of re-set my compass.

Much more than just great performances of great songs.

The extras are freezing up on me, but before I shut down the menu, the actual page of audio downloads appeared, and there are bonus songs available that do not appear on the DVD. I saw two of them before the menu disappeared, and they were

Please Tell My Brother

She's A Jar

I am stoked. Now if I can only get it to work

i'm still getting the "placeholder content to be posted before dvd goes on sale" message when i click on the extras.mov. does anyone else still get this message?

(raises hand)

The screen I get still says something like "tracks will be available soon" -- I don't see any track names. For those that do...What songs are included?

edit: I'm also curious to know if songs are included without the dialogue...i.e. "Family Gardener" -- the DVD song has dialogue over the ending.

Haven't started to download the audio files, but I have the menu in front of me.

Yes, the in-between concert footage songs (i.e., Radio King, Family Gardener) are included in the download.

There are two additional songs not included on the DVD that are available to download

Please Tell My Brother

She's A Jar

Sunken Treasure

Theologians

The Ruling Class

Satan Your Kingdom Must Come Down

Family Gardener

How To Fight Loneliness

Summerteeth

The Thanks I Get

Radio King

IMTTBYH

ELT

Shot In The Arm

Black Eye

In A Future Age

Laminated Cat

One By One

(Was I) In Your Dreams

Airline to Heaven

Heavy Metal Drummer

War On War

Acuff-Rose

California Stars

Please Tell My Brother*

She's A Jar*

* Not Featured In Film

I'm listening to Satan Your Kingdom Must Come Down right now.

When you get your initial menu, it'll give you instructions on changing your advance preferences. Then you have to start Quicktime again.

It took forever for the menu to appear. Once you click on the extra.mov, wait awhile, and it'll finally load.

I know it's there because I have all the songs.

i just check two seconds ago and it wasnt working

I just got mine downloaded. Open up Quicktime/Edit/Preferences/Quicktime Preferences/Advanced/...then check "enable playback of flash tracks"/Apply/Reboot your computer. Then start from scratch. It takes a good while for the menu to come up so be patient. When that comes up...you'll have to wait a lil until you can click on the songs. After that, the songs actually download pretty fast. Good Luck!!

The crowds are pretty annoying...maybe it's just me, but it makes for kind of a bad vibe (especially "Black Eye sucks" guy). Nevertheless, Jeff sounds great and I like the dvd. :)

They should have filmed the 3/4/05 and 3/5/05 shows...Best.Crowds.Ever. :wub

Edit: Ooh, just got to the part with Glenn and Nels. It's great to finally be able to watch Glenn's drumming more closely. :yes