Jeff Tweedy:Sunken Treasure DVD

I got the files. Took forever to come up with the menu after clicking "Extras", but after that, I did not have to change any Quicktime settings. I have Quicktime 7.1.

Wilco and Tweedy just rule. Always giving the best value for your buck!

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I knew I would enjoy it, but it ended up being more than just good music. It became sort of a meditation on why we go to shoes, what it all means. This film has a storyline that shows the interaction of an artist and his audience. Tweedy's comment about these shows functioning the same way a church should rang very true. I certainly felt like the film gave me a chance to kind of re-set my compass.

Much more than just great performances of great songs.

I agree too. I loved it when I use to travel with my Granddaddy during his missionary days,

we'd go all over the south singing our hearts out in churches,

so yeah to me a show is alot like church... Musiclly speaking of togetherness...

Love the comment about the religious songs being so intensely fearful...

I would have to say that getting up in front of folks singing would be fearful to me, i've tried before...

I agree, much more than just great performances of great songs!!

Love Glenn's twirling :yay

side note... anyone know who Narvel Felts is? He has a song called "I Wonder",

the intro to "How Do You Fight Loneiness" reminds me of Narvel, he did "Little Runnaway" too....

and I do with "Let's Fight", the intro reminds me of Pink Floyd, as does the first course of "Walkin"...

I just find it kool that one song can make me remember other songs I had forgotten about...

Like Narvel, he's been around since the 1950's, I assume he is still playing...

Can't wait to hear the new record, but first I'll enjoy the Sunken Treasure, a real treasure to me :worship

We've upgraded the server that is hosting the files, so things should improve dramatically. If you're currently downloading and it's taking a long time, then try quitting QuickTime and relaunching the extras.mov from the DVD.

All you need to do from there is click on each title and it will begin the download of each song. We're working on refining all of these other issues. If you continue to have problems you can email us at support@wilcoworld.net

The files are high quality 256kbps Variable Bit Rate MP3's, encoded using the LAME Encoder, they should work in any MP3 player including iPods, there is no DRM on the files.

Enjoy.

HQ

I'm still having some issues. I click the extras icon, and the quicktime thing pops up with all the songs, I click on one, and the same song menu thing opens up in my browser. I click on a song again, and (in Firefox) it opens up the directory that the "extras" icon is in, in the drive that the dvd is in. In Internet Explorer, it just shows "test". Neither browser lets me download the songs.

Is it being overloaded, or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Okay, so it doesn't open up in my browser anymore, and appears to be working. Never mind!

I'm still having some issues. I click the extras icon, and the quicktime thing pops up with all the songs, I click on one, and the same song menu thing opens up in my browser. I click on a song again, and (in Firefox) it opens up the directory that the "extras" icon is in, in the drive that the dvd is in. In Internet Explorer, it just shows "test". Neither browser lets me download the songs.

I'm having the same problem. I thought it was IE7 at first, and FireFox did the same thing.. I guess it must be the server?

I'm having the same problem. I thought it was IE7 at first, and FireFox did the same thing.. I guess it must be the server?

That was my problem too...close the browser window and just click on the songs in the Quicktime window.

Edit: Okay, so it doesn't open up in my browser anymore, and appears to be working. Never mind!

This is still happening for me. Any suggestions?

It's not a popular opinion because most of us are taking it in the context of what happened. At least put yourself in his position, you'll probably see things differently.

You mean put myself in the position whos getting paid to play the acoustic guitar? And in front of fans who worship him no less. Maybe I'm not seeing your point....