Glenn Kotche's the most talented drummer

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is very kind and respectful but no

Agree. Shows how good a person he is IMO. I also think that the fact that their producer of the record was a drummer and actually shared many of the recording duties with Glenn was important to his learning, development, technique, etc. as well as helping to make the record as brilliant as it became in the studio

I remember the band practiced that record forever before going out to California to record. They actually rented a houseboat on Lake Cumberland Kentucky , which I think is the coolest. Now imagine throwing Glenn into the studio, confidently knowing the songs and Moe just throwing him for a loop, challenging him and making him exceed I'd bet, even his own expectations.

I would have loved to have been a fly on that studio wall. :)

TP, oh man you definitely know your Louisville hardcore history on that one, bravo.

I didn;t move into Kentucky until 1987, long after that record's buzz had already died down quite a bit and it was STILL freaking humming at an amazing clip..

Great call.

Btw, I became a big Peter Searcy fan once I saw his band Big Wheel several times and he's still at it and making terrific music these days.

EDIT: I thought you were talking squirrelbait. My bad...

Now Slint, man oh man what a massive record, still doesn't come close to the version of Paul K & the Weathermen with Glenn and their record "Love is a Gas" IMO.

• 2 weeks later...