mermaid avenue was the album that turned me on to wilco after hearing california stars on the radio.

then i went backwards and bought being there. wilco were unknown here at the time (heh, and largely still are!) and BT blew me away.

its still my fave from their catalogue :rock

As for studio made double albums, surely Pink Floyd "The Wall" is the best???

Maybe,The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway??? :music

Seriously, is it the tenth anniversary? We definitely need to celebrate... :cheers

Being There is the best studio made two-disc album from any band that I own, anyone know of any others that can compare?

Physical Graffiti is pretty damn great.

I like Being There, but along with AM it's one of my least played Wilco albums...

I seriously urge you to give AM more spins. Right now, it's my favorite Wilco release. I can't get enough of it. This is definitely not how I felt about it originally.

When reading about best studio double? I instantly thought of Melon Collie. London Calling and Physical Graffiti are great ones too.

This looks like it could be a great one too.(careful, not work safe.)

73832384_30197f43b3_m.jpg

Being There is my favorite Wilco record. It was the first I purchased after my uncle said "It's practically the soundtrack to my life." I was absolutely enamored with all things Wilco after I listened to BT once all the way through. I still am.

:lol Good enough, but not the best ever.....London Calling is far better also.

LouieB

Ahh... see, as I've been brought up in the age of predominantly CD's, London Calling and Blonde On Blonde are all one discs now so I didn't realise they were doubles...

Though I do have Jean Michel Jarre Live In China on double vinyl....

Maybe,The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway??? :music

I have thought since I first heard it in 1982 or so that that album holds the key to understanding the entire universe, though, I, personally, have yet to find this key.

Physical Graffiti is pretty damn great.

The best. Then again it sports the most fabulous song ever recorded by a non-Wilco group... Kashmir. I listened to that album non-stop while I was a Junior in high school.

I seriously urge you to give AM more spins. Right now, it's my favorite Wilco release. I can't get enough of it. This is definitely not how I felt about it originally.

AM gets the most plays on my iPod, which kind of surprised me. I thought it would have been YHF. Should've Been In Love gets the most play out of all Wilco songs, followed closely by Still Be Around....which is Uncle Tupelo, not Wilco, but still gorgeous. :music