"Cracker " The band appreciation thread!

Hey all,

I have been a long time fan of Cracker and wanted to see who else enjoys them... Maybe include your favorites below??

My Cracker Alubums Rankings

1. Kerosene Hat

2. Forever

3. Cracker

4. Gentlemens Blues

5. Greenland

6. Golden Age

Top 10 Cracker Songs

1. Teen Angst

2. Get Off This

3. Cracker Soul

4. Nostalga

5. The Good Life

6. One Fine Day

7. Brides of Neptune

8. Take Me Down to the Infirmary

9. The Golden Age

10. Be My Love

:rock

Big Dipper is by far my favorite song by Cracker.

Indeed.

Interestingly, tho, I didn't care for most of that album and really haven't followed them since. Still love me some CVB from time to time, tho.

Ummm...good Cracker songs I can think of off the top of my head:

Teen Angst

I See the Light

Get Off This

Take Me Down to the Infirmary

Sick of Goodbyes

Eurotrash Girl* (love it, but it gets old after too many listens)

Big Dipper

Yup, love the Cracker. "Low", "Eurotrash Girl", and "Get Off This" are probably my top three. David Lowery is a local.

There are lots of Cracker shows available for download at archive.org.

Yeah, I remember Cracker. Pretty good band. Was never a huge follower, but I had some of their songs and they popped up on random play back in that day of free downloaded music.

I was first exposed to them on the "Encomium" Led Zep tribute disc put out in the mid 90s. Then they opened for DMB (remember them?) when they played Knoxville.

Favorite songs (limited knowledge): Pictures of Matchstick Men (couldn't get this song out of my head when I heard it live) and Eurotrash girl.

I saw them and Camper Van Beethoven a couple moths ago and really liked both bands. Camper opened and got weird with it which was a treat to my ears. Cracker came out and rocked. Their only moment of weirdness was when the keyboard player came out center stage with an accordian and took a long, inspired solo during "Eurotrash Girl". That was fun.

I picked up The Golden Age used a few years ago, having nothing but fond high school memories of its handful of singles, and I was really astonished by how great it was. I've picked up most of the other records (as well as two Camper van B. discs) since then, and I like everything I've heard (although the recent stuff isn't nearly as impressive as the old). Favourite albums are The Golden Age and Cracker, with Kerosene Hat trailing closely behind.

Great band and sadly under exposed. Their newest album Greenland is great.

I love Forever, Miss Santa Cruz County and Guarded By Monkeys are great off that one. Duty Free and Ain't Gonna Suck Itself are top notch too.

• 2 years later...