Jeff Tweedy Champaign

Is it just me or does Jeff really not like the crowd in Champaign?

I saw Wilco play at Foellinger back in feb. '05, and both times he just seemed to be making fun of a lot of people in the audience. I've seen him elsewhere and it wasn't exactly the same dynamic.

I think he just gets kind of annoyed at the "idiot college kids," but he takes it in stride and just gives it right back to them.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This recording can be found here:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=501369

seriously, thanks so much! :cheekkiss

I saw Wilco play at Foellinger back in feb. '05, and both times he just seemed to be making fun of a lot of people in the audience. I've seen him elsewhere and it wasn't exactly the same dynamic.

I think he just gets kind of annoyed at the "idiot college kids," but he takes it in stride and just gives it right back to them.

Yeah, this is exactly how I felt. You could see he was slightly awkward... he would pause before saying some words and it seemed to me like he was avoiding swearing.

I totally think it's the college kid attitude. Especially on Halloween weekend when everyone is already being a dumbass. The crowd gets less into the music because they're too caught up in the audience being loud.

That's what I thought. It was still a great show regardless. I've heard other Tweedy recordings and he seems to be more conversing with the crowd instead of... I guess arguing would be the word. Either way, he still put on a good performance and show and I love him.

everytime i try and download the torrent by the tracker status it says Connection Error(UnknownHostException:tracker.etree.org).............can anyone help me out? am i doing something wrong i really wana hear this show

Me too. I dont know if it's my computer or the operator (me) :) If anyone gets this onto CD please please let me now. I will pay you for your time and services.

You are not the first person to say this. Most concerts I've been to in Champaign...Crowds are lame. Pearl Jam was pretty good but Pumpkins, 5 or 6 Wilco shows, recently Blue Man group...The crowd is just...lame. Corgon said that once back in 95. He said he didn't come to school here cause U of I was lame. Of course everyone cheered. I actually think he enjoyed himself more this time around. He was quite comedic and interacted positivly for the most part. There will always be a few jerkos in the audience. There's always one.

Me too. I dont know if it's my computer or the operator (me) :) If anyone gets this onto CD please please let me now. I will pay you for your time and services.

If your still having alot of problems,I can send you a copy in a few days.Trading live music should never invole money. :cheers PM me your address and spread it when you get it!

Jeff gave Champaign another jab last night as he compared the clapping of the Milwaukee crowd saying something to the effect of even if you guys are not great, you are soooo much better than Friday's show in Champaign.

Personally I think Champaign smells when the wind blows right and the kids are lame. And there is no comparison between Foellinger and Pabst. That said Champaign is a nice place to visit for a show as the people were all generally nice and you never know when you might run into Borat.

i am from chicago and i think champaign is a pretty nice place to go see a concert, its a change of pace from all the shows in chicago...the crowd could have been better it did seem a little hesitant but id rather have a crowd be too quiet than be too obnoxious so you cant hear....great show i hope the one at auditorium will be equal or better

Wishful Thinking

Is that the Thanks I get

Wishful Thinking... :wub (Can't wait to hear this one live)

Is That The Thanks I Get... (This is such a fun song IMO)

Tho I have favorites to some day hear live, just let me make it to some more shows...

I'll enjoy the setlist whatever it maybe... :thumbup