wilcos guitar collection.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Speed Racer
I'm not sure about that. Are you guys sure you're not calling a Melody Maker a Les Paul Special? I've seen Jeff use one a few times, and Nels is known to borrow Jeff's stuff.

On the wilcoworld photos, the headstock says 'Gibson.'

HPIM0212.jpg

Here's a picture of it again. From July 8th, 2006.

Jeez that guitar makes me melt... See, aside from the hardware thing, I also don't know about the color. That doesn't seem to be a Fender finish. It reminds me of the older Goldtops with copper flake, because it's got a green twinge in the gold... Anybody know anything at all about this thing?

Oh yeah, while we're on the subject of Jeff, I know his amp setup is a Vox AC30 (Unsure of year or speakers) head ran through the new Vox Brian May Handwired AC30 cabinet. I may have a little of that wrong, like which part is which, or maybe he's using both amps' heads and cabs, but I know from the news section on Vox's site that he picked up the Brain May some time in the last few months.

If you look around the edges of that telecaster, it has binding on the top and the bottom. Knowing his thing for vintage guitars, it is most likely a 60's Telecaster Custom. I cant see the color too well, but if it is silverish, that was a fender custom color called Inca Silver. It also kind of looks like it could be a greenish-gold color, which is probably Lake Placid Blue. On old guitars with a nitro finish, the clear laquer that is on top of the paint turns yellow with age. When the paint underneath mixes with the now yellow laquer, it can make some interesting colors.

i thought he played through vox. nels plays through jeff's marshall reissue, and that's all i remember.

He plays through a vox and a marshall now,weird,I know.I think that reeves was Pats,could be wrong.Just straight disgusting the gear these guys have. :yay

• 2 months later...

On the songs where Pat plays guitar (I'm A Wheel, Impossible Germany, Handshake Drugs) he plays this Tele.

HPIM0188.jpg

HPIM0197.jpg

Or this one which I believe is Jeff's because I believe Jeff plays it on "Pot Kettle Black" in the IATTBYH bonus disk.

HPIM0180.jpg

Pat also plays this acoustic on The Late Greats.

HPIM0170.jpg

i think that pic is of david bowie, glued to the guitar. the bass strinsg side is his body sitting down, and then across the bridge, on the treble side is his legs.

nels = neat goofball.

isnt he one of those guys you would just want to have coffee with?

doesnt jeff's sg look amazing....

im a sucker for weathered instruments.

where abouts?, id love to hear

also ive always been confused by his Vox's, i always figured you either used

Head Unit + Cab

Combo or Combo + Cab

not Head unit + Combo

so is he just using the AC30 combo as an extension cabinet, i dont know too much about amps

Head+Cab..........................And Marshall Head+Cab

To solve the contreversy about Nels' Danelectro thing here's another picture of it so somone could identify it. It's a 12 string.

HPIM0080.jpg

JERRY JONES 12 STRING NEPTUNE

Ooook Photobucket is being nice again.

Here's Nels' Jaguar (thanks AWOL) with the stickers all over it.

HPIM0100.jpg

Here's the blue SG Jeff uses on The Late Greats.

HPIM0110.jpg

Here's the 12 String Jerry Jones in action.

HPIM0116.jpg

This is the 12 string that Jeff plays on Heavy Metal Drummer with Wilco and on a few other songs solo. I believe it's a Martin.

HPIM0117.jpg

I have a great picture of Jeff and this beat up Tele and I have Nels playing the Double Cutaway Les Paul. Photobuucket decided to work for a while then quit on me lol. Also if someone got any pictures of Wilco playing Is That The Thanks I Get? on Conan Jeff was playing a really nice beatup Strat which normally isn't his guitar of choice.

Ooook Photobucket is being nice again.

Here's the third and final Jazzmaster Nels uses with the stickers all over it.

HPIM0100.jpg

I didnt know Nels liked Jaguars? I thought he was a died in the wool Jazzmaster dude, interesting.

Sure someone has posted this link before but Nels talks all about his gear right here: http://www.nelscline.com/tech.html

Is the red SG a 69? I wish the rest of the band had a definitive gear list... I know it would be huge but what a great read it would be.