Comic Book Movie Adaptations

Reading this from Kevin Smith has upped my excitment for Dark Knight (and that's saying something because I'm pretty excited about it.)

"Without giving anything away, this is an epic film (and trust me: based on the sheer size and scope of the visuals and storytelling, that's not an overstatement). It's the "Godfather II" of comic book films and three times more earnest than "Batman Begins" (and fuck, was that an earnest film). Easily the most adult comic book film ever made. Heath Ledger didn't so much give a performance as he disappeared completely into the role; I know I'm not the first to suggest this, but he'll likely get at least an Oscar nod (if not the win) for Best Supporting Actor. Fucking flick's nearly three hours long and only leaves you wanting more (in a great way). I can't imagine anyone being disappointed by it. Nolan and crew have created something close to a masterpiece."
  • Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, if ever there was a time to hit the theater, this is it.

Del Toro completely let loose, as he should have been with Hellboy 1, which still works enough, I can't wait to see him unleashed in the toy box -

I agree, if ever there was a time to hit the theater, this is it.

Del Toro completely let loose, as he should have been with Hellboy 1, which still works enough, I can't wait to see him unleashed in the toy box -

agreed. as i've finally started down the path of actually reading mignola's work, it really does cast light on just how perfect del toro is to helm these things.

and with no dumb Meyers character, cut all that shite out

yep. like tully said earlier, i'd like to see me some lobster johnson in some fashion...really, he deserves his own spinoff. i even think a B.P.R.D. flick would hold up on it's own.

dude, gas up perm force one and we'll go catch it at streets of woodfield together.

this seems like one of those films of such wide scope, that a lot would be lost in translation by not seeing it on the big screen.

That is true - same thing goes for Star Trek movies.

yep. like tully said earlier, i'd like to see me some lobster johnson in some fashion...really, he deserves his own spinoff. i even think a B.P.R.D. flick would hold up on it's own.

dude, gas up perm force one and we'll go catch it at streets of woodfield together.

I'm not sure it can top the Palladium Imax in San Anotnio, can it? I'm planning at least for the Dark Knight to go back to back with viewings, how can you not? Like I said, I might as well start wearing a batsuit to work everyday, it's getting ridiculous

is this the bank heist?

it is.

Am I guilty of a repost?

BTW, one of my friends was yet again on the silver age trivia panel at Chicago con. He picked up a great Bisette drawing of Swampy battling Ertigan too:

IMG_0846.JPG

it is.

Am I guilty of a repost?

not that I know of, but I've seen this before. I wanted to make sure it wasn't something new (I don't want anything spoiled)

that Sketch is awesome. I was busy all weekend trying to get artists to do free sketches of Krypto the Superdog.

Dark Horse gave that mini-comic out at Wizard World. It's cool to see they turned it into a trailer.

this is pretty funny

James Lipton meets Hellboy

:rotfl