Now Playing. From 6th November 2006.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its very good yeah, im not overly familar with Willy Nelsons previous stuff to be honest. But its a great country album, and Ryans influence is certainly all over it. A bit dissapointed there arent any duets with Ryan on it. There are a couple of ok tracks on it but 80-85% of it is brilliant. Well worth a listen.

I've been revisiting the entire Weller catalog recently, after the documentary the other night... it's brilliant... the man is a living genius!

Wild Wood is still my overall favourite, and one of my favourite albums of all time.

One of my least favourite Weller solo albums that! But as you know, Heliocentric is my favourite - and I think im one of the few who think that. Stanley Road though is fucking awesome. Brings back so many memories every time I listen to it.

There is no point in you listening to this stuff if you can't appreciate Joanna Newsom, Mark. :P

There is no redeeming quality for that album, it sounds like a Zaireeka style experiment involving two cds. One of Walt Disney orchestrated incidental music, the other of my niece's first few words. :)

Congratulations on opening my ears to John Martyn, and his missus (who sounds quite butch at times) though. I'm liking both Stormbringer and The Road to Ruin - the first a bit more traditional and the second a bit more free-form and loose.

Just finished:

6599827.jpg

NP:

B000005HTY.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I saw that in Fopp at dinner. The box set looks amazing. Have you got it mate?

Unfortunately not, I've been sent just the bog standard 1 disc "Best Of" to review... I was secretly hoping for the box set :D

There is no redeeming quality for that album, it sounds like a Zaireeka style experiment involving two cds. One of Walt Disney orchestrated incidental music, the other of my niece's first few words. :)

Congratulations on opening my ears to John Martyn, and his missus (who sounds quite butch at times) though. I'm liking both Stormbringer and The Road to Ruin - the first a bit more traditional and the second a bit more free-form and loose.

Just finished:

6599827.jpg

NP:

B000005HTY.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

woah... the U.F. Orb record is a blast from the past...

I was supposed to be hooking you up with some of the other John Martyn stuff Mark, but been a bit busy, I'll see what I can do tonight...

I bet you wouldn't say that to her face! ;)

Those John & Beverley Martyn albums remind me a fair bit of the Richard & Linda Thompson albums, although not quite the same sound as such, but, instead, the fact that they take turns at leading the songs - which makes it for a nice variation across the albums.

Still playing Rat On!

I bet you wouldn't say that to her face! ;)

Would over the phone be ok?

I was supposed to be hooking you up with some of the other John Martyn stuff Mark, but been a bit busy, I'll see what I can do tonight...

No worries Rich, I'm picking the bits I want on cd. It's cheap as anything in the shops.