Best 12 String Acoustic

I've only owned one Washburn and it was a 6 string, really nice guitar for the $$. I've had several Alvarez models, and demo'd bunches of them a few months back when I was in the market for a 6. By far they are they best guitars in the new $300-500 range. However used is another story. I was in the market for a 12 string and just picked up a killer Takamine 12 E\A for $350 with a hardcase. The guitar was actually new, still had the plastic protective coating on the pickguard. A guy bought it and the wide neck was too much for his arthritic hands. Anyway while I was looking there was no shortage of used mid-grade 12's on the market. I passed on a super nice Seagull just because I knew I was getting the Takamine.

But I think both Washburn and Alvarez make great stuff in that range if you choose not to prospect the used market.

Check it out.

PB010011.jpg

PB010013.jpg

the only reason I (sometimes) don't look at the used market is that I have a buddy that works at guitar center and I can usually get a decent deal. Not super duper or anything, but like 15% to 20% off. So I figure, rightfully or wrongfully, that I can usually get something decent new for the price of used (??). I'm gonna head over to the geetar store on saturday and see what trouble i can in. Thanks for the advice.

Having connections at GC is a very cool thing. I have a friend that works at one of the GC's here, he gives me great deal on stuff.

We have a weird used market here in Denver, gear is really cheap. Which is both good and bad. Good for finding deals but bad if you need to sell.