wow what a night!!! the opening act, neil hamburger, was a little bit confusing on how god awful he was. i dont know if i missed the joke but the whole audience thought he was a really crappy he was. but onto the d, they started out just the 2 of them, but then "died" went to "hell" where they were joined by the anti-christ on guitar, charlie chaplin on bass, and colonel sanders on drums. funny stuff. they played a bunch of new material and did some classic comedy.

heres what i remember (ill try to put it in order as best as i can):

kielbasa

history

flash>wonderboy

special thing (from the old tv show) with lee

lee

the road

master exploder

kickapoo

karate

dude i totally miss you

kyle quit the band

friendship

papagenu (he's my sassafrass)

pod

the metal

beezleboss (the showdown)

the government totally sucks

double team

good times bad times (led zeppelin cover)

encore:

f*** her gently

tribute

pinball wizard (the who cover)

That was great fun. The narrative - Lee inadvertently electrocutes The D, sending them all to hell where they meet up with and form a band with the anti-Christ, Charlie Chaplin, and Colonel Sanders on the drums. It does sound strange, but it worked. I can't count how many times I turned to my buddy with my mouth agape and said "What the f***?" - especially after the "episode" where Jack ingests magic mushrooms, goes through a bizarre dream sequence, and then gets chased the around the stage by a Mushroom. The Who covers also were a great surprise. Jack Black has an amazing presence. Great stuff.