Now Playing for January 2007

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Broken West--I Can't Go On, I'll Go On

Has anybody mentioned this yet? I don't feel like reading back 25 pages. "Down in the Valley" is the pop song of the year so far.

B000LC4ZIK.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V47585662_.jpg

I downloaded it on the strength of the lead single (which I actually love... ugh) and the fact that "Dance Dance" was one of the better singles of last year, and it's not nearly as bad as I figured it would be. I'll most likely never listen to it again, but it's not the worst thing in the world. I still want to knee their bassist in the face. He looks like he needs a good knee to the face.

Though I find it weird that they have a Jay-Z clip to start off the album...

I downloaded it on the strength of the lead single (which I actually love... ugh) and the fact that "Dance Dance" was one of the better singles of last year, and it's not nearly as bad as I figured it would be. I'll most likely never listen to it again, but it's not the worst thing in the world. I still want to knee their bassist in the face. He looks like he needs a good knee to the face.

Though I find it weird that they have a Jay-Z clip to start off the album...

Someone at work told me to check it out. They know that I am into "good" emo and recommended that I give a spin. I kinda shrugged them off.

The Broken West--I Can't Go On, I'll Go On

Has anybody mentioned this yet? I don't feel like reading back 25 pages. "Down in the Valley" is the pop song of the year so far.

very good record.

bummed they're not coming to Minneapolis any time son it looks like

Yeah ive just checked - theyre playing Bethnall Green and thats sold out. The only one that isnt is in Warrington.

One venue theyre playing is tiny - played there myself. JB's in Dudley - its a right shithole. Good sound though.

I reckon they might do a few more shows later in the year - ill sign up to the mailing list etc.

Not heard it. What does it sound like? BTW have you heard Math & Physics Club yet? Thats a fantastic record.