Now Playing for January 2007

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B000FTBJCE.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V35462020_.jpg

wow, this is about as essential as you can get, and what makes it great is that all of these are unearthed songs by long forgotten artists.

I had read about, but never bought the Wayne McGhie CD from 1970/2004 that everyone was reviewing as a long lost masterpiece. Think I'll have to go and track it down now.

i34394rb6df.jpg

Again. :P

I cannot believe Borders in Chicago (I was at the one near the Riv) did not have the newly released Crowded House "Farewell To The World" DVD in stock, not the deluxe or the regular version. Nope, they're special order only.

The Fort Wayne Borders definitely did not have it, but that's not surprising. What was surprising is that they only ordered 1 copy of the new CD release. And it was sold already.

(FYI - I have a Borders gift card to use up).

What's up with Borders? going out of business?

What's up with Borders? going out of business?

Hi Wendy! :wave

Borders just aren't aware of the cult following those guys have, apparently.

I had a Barnes & Noble gift certificate that I saved specifically for the CH DVD and/or CD. They had one copy of the CD, but no DVDs. Looks like I'll be ordering it online.

Anyone know what the difference is between the "deluxe packaging" version of the DVD and the regular one?

i28712vv43d.jpg

New to me and it's pretty perfect. Someone want to run down which cds to look out for

The Broken Family Band are originally from the city were I now live, Cambridge, and tour frequently here. They've never really done much for me, though I've seen them live a couple of times, their debut "Cold Water Songs" is supposed to be good.

For me this morning:

B000LRY9TU.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V47537408_.jpg

i28712vv43d.jpg

New to me and it's pretty perfect. Someone want to run down which cds to look out for

Thats a really great album. Pretty overlooked too when it came out last year. These are good too:

B0007RFOQQ.02._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpgB0001J0B22.02._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Gave this a second spin this morning. Me likey. :music

B0003JALPC.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B000LZ6CU6.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V47302659_.jpg

That is a good album. The production could be a bit better, it's far too bright for my liking, and also the drums may be programmed which doesn't really suit their sound - they sound far too processed and clipped. But the songs are really imaginative and it has more of a spirit of adventure that was only hinted at on their first album.