Shake It Off

I've been sorta messin around with this song so I thought I'd post what I had and then other could people could post what they got and maybe we could figure it out!

e -------------------------------------------------------------

b 3-4-5-----3------------------3-4-5-----8--10-11-12-----

g ---------------2-3-4-----2---------------------------------

d -------------------------------------------------------------

a 1-2-3-----1------------------1-2-3-----6---8--9--10-----

e ---------------1-2-3-----1----------------------------------

I have been working on tab for this great new song. I think I have the lyrics down. Here is my best guess. Let me know if I got it right.

Shake It Off

Sunlight angles on over the floor at dawn

Ceiling fan is on chopping up my dreams

What is left of them tend to sleep again

Where I dare pretend I

• 2 weeks later...
I always thought it was " when i'm waken up"

I think you are right. That would make sense, not that some of his other lines make sense. Jeff's lyrics are bit more straight foreword these days. It's his arrangements that are much more complicated. It is hard judge from a bootleg. I play with the Wilco Ensemble here in Chicago and this is a song we are working on. Hope to have chords and tab up soon. Here are the corrected lyrics. Thanks!

Shake It Off

Sunlight angles on over the floor at dawn

Ceiling fan is on chopping up my dreams

What is left of them tend to sleep again

Where I dare pretend I

anyone have any tab on this yet? if not, i'm going to have to beg my friend the song-figurin'-out-ninji! :ninja

Alright, here it is from the head ninja at the Wilco Ensemble who spent many hours on this

ShaKe It Off

|A# B|C |A#|F F#|G (full measures are 6 beats, halfs are 2, C4

• 2 weeks later...
Don't be late for practice!

yep, those be the tabs-direct from the best wilco-song-figurin'-out-ninja i know. does sensei know you posted his tabs? he might just slap you in the throat. (just kiddin') ;)

then again, don't think he ever looks at via chicago, let alone posts a dang thing. to busy rockin'. correct me if you're out there BG.

and JS, keep rockin' that green Gretch.

yep, those be the tabs-direct from the best wilco-song-figurin'-out-ninja i know. does sensei know you posted his tabs? he might just slap you in the throat. (just kiddin') ;)

then again, don't think he ever looks at via chicago, let alone posts a dang thing. to busy rockin'. correct me if you're out there BG.

and JS, keep rockin' that green Gretch.

who be this???

who be this???

Good question young grasshopper.

I'm the one playing keys on Cars Can't Escape with you guys and Tweedy this weekend. YIKES!

You gonna make friday night practice at the burrito palace penthouse? Time for one last run!

So many questions from one so young...

indeed.

Groo, you ready to rock this weekend?

so... where is this going down?

the thing with jeff you mean?

it's going down at a secret suburban hideout with plenty of bathrooms. aka the home of a member of our giant-wilco-tribute band, the late greats. can't say any more than that, but i can say that we are also playing at the old town school of folk music's 909 W Amitage location in Chicago on Friday, Feb. 2. sorry, that one's just us, without jeff (although we will invite him).

oh i see, so you guys are all part of a wilco tribute band and you have invited Jeff to come play with you for a select few people and he has agreed because you guys lovers him so much? that's pretty awesome.

i would come check you guys out but i live in texas where barely anyone has heard of wilco :(

oh i see, so you guys are all part of a wilco tribute band and you have invited Jeff to come play with you for a select few people and he has agreed because you guys lovers him so much? that's pretty awesome.

i would come check you guys out but i live in texas where barely anyone has heard of wilco :(

something like that. we are indeed part of a giant wilco tribute band.

we certainly would invite jeff to hang out with us any time, but he's a busy guy. this gathering actually came out of a charity auction. basically, jeff participated in a charity auction and the prize was a private living room concert for 30 people. he agreed to do three living room shows this year, and each group that won is pitching in a bunch of money for a nonprofit that helps kids in need.

thanks to a generous benefactor (our host for the event) our group won one of the shows. when jeff found out that we are all students at Chicago's Old Town School of Folk Music, and that we are all current or former members of a class called the Wilco Ensemble, he asked to play WITH us instead of doing a solo show.

we did the same thing last year, and it was a blast. last year was part solo show, then subsets of our group took turns playing with jeff. this year, he said he wants to skip the solo part and just play together all night.

Shake it Off is one of the tunes we plan to attempt.

anyway, that's story. if you're ever in chicago, look us up:

Our temporary web home:

http://web.mac.com/blastingfonda

The Old Town School:

www.oldtownschool.org

• 2 weeks later...
who is this from the wilco ensemble?

OK, When we played this song with Jeff at the living room show he had changed the lines to what is now on the CD. Or maybe I just heard them clearer standing a few feet away from him. The chords are right on our tab. It looked to me that Jeff was playing it close to what Kalle had tabbed. I wasn't close enough to him when we played. He showed our leader exactly how he played it. I will find out an let you know.

The CD has more funky stops in it than what they played live at the Auditoriom show.

Corrected lines of verse

"What is left of them, I turn to sleep again"

"Hotels hold me, lost horizon"

something like that. we are indeed part of a giant wilco tribute band.

we certainly would invite jeff to hang out with us any time, but he's a busy guy. this gathering actually came out of a charity auction. basically, jeff participated in a charity auction and the prize was a private living room concert for 30 people. he agreed to do three living room shows this year, and each group that won is pitching in a bunch of money for a nonprofit that helps kids in need.

thanks to a generous benefactor (our host for the event) our group won one of the shows. when jeff found out that we are all students at Chicago's Old Town School of Folk Music, and that we are all current or former members of a class called the Wilco Ensemble, he asked to play WITH us instead of doing a solo show.

we did the same thing last year, and it was a blast. last year was part solo show, then subsets of our group took turns playing with jeff. this year, he said he wants to skip the solo part and just play together all night.

Shake it Off is one of the tunes we plan to attempt.

anyway, that's story. if you're ever in chicago, look us up:

Our temporary web home:

http://web.mac.com/blastingfonda

The Old Town School:

www.oldtownschool.org

Here are the corrected lyrics complete with chords. I will post the tab that Jeff showed us when I can.

ShaKe It Off

|A# B|C |A#|F F#|G (full measures are 6 beats, halfs are 2, C4