WILCO AUSTRALIAN TOUR CONFIRMED!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Froggie, Whiskeygirl et al.

Something to be aware of...the press release says tix are available from Febraury 19 but Wilcoworld lists them as being available from January 19th with a link to Ticketek.

Keep yer eyes peeled. ;)

I make great apologies to be boy who takes bubble and bursts it, however you have been making math wrong. It is a glorious 30th anniversary, it being 2007 and tour being in 1977.

I am hoping no offenses were made, but correctness in all things is good.

My friend, you are truly of the mathematical! Maybe you would make the differentiation with the Professor from Stockholm sometime? I can arrange it! He pass much time making the juggling figures. It is not for me to have this mind. I make big foot in my mouth with this sum, no? I am more of the country bumpkind, with the rough hands from handling of the wood all day. I make thanks for your correction! It is proper to have the facts for honour of Mr Benny and Mr Bjorn! That is without forget to the dual female throats! I can make special package to you as way of thanks. You have the herring palate? Please PM if you are of the herring palate. Welfare!

Mr Frog, I happy to speak! I share little joy with you! You pleasure me with your delight, and I do not want to make the bubble burst for you, but Mr Jeff Tweedy is not making special visit to the UnderDown only for your account and perseverance in long suffering style all "Strewth" with the cork dangle shake of head. It is to make the little pilgrimage on 20th anniversary of most famous tour. I make present of summary details of benefit to all:-

http://phenomenon.abba-world.net/tour/tour.htm

P.S. Mr Frog - Do you find souvenir programme from '77 tour yet in rummage of all charity shop of the Oz? Can it be little project for you? It would make great swap if I send you special package? This would be my dream! Welfare Mr Frog!

is that you, jeff?

this is just fantastic news! thanks for posting!

my husband and I are already making plans for 2 shows (hometown of brisvegas and sydney)

froggie, the enmore is a great venue - saw Ryan Adams there in 2005 - just gets squishy on the non-seated dance floor section at the front

I really can't believe we get to see Wilco in our hometown, in a venue that holds around 900 . . . :dancing

thanks Wilco!

The Enmore is a great venue, Froggie. Very intimate and the sound is always good. Standing room at the front and seating behind - the only problem happens when you're seated too close to the standing folks. . Saw Augie March and Sigur Ros there last year and they were both great concerts.

Nice that Wilco's joined the fray of countless artists/bands who think that Australia is limited to three cities on the eastern seaboard.

I flew to LA to see them 5 weeks after I saw them in Chicago. Surely you too can hop a plane :)

I don't know about the rest of you (non-Austrailian peeps, I mean), but I have to admit having no clue about the distances of cities in Australia. I realize there is so much I don't know about Australia in general. :hmm

:w00t

So I wikipedia'd and googled a bit to find some statistics. Here's a population density map as well as the populations (2004 Australian Bureau of Statistics) of the major cities Wilco might play:

Sydney 4,232,100

Melbourne 3,600,100

Brisbane 1,774,900

Perth 1,355,400

Adelaide 1,124,300

These things interest me, why I'm not sure, but probably because I know how Campaigner feels about his (her?) city being left out. But Campaigner is really really far away from the east coast cities! I had no idea how far. So yeah, I learned something. :dancing

221205085.jpg

you forgot to circle darwin and hobart (they're the capital cities of their states..... and our national city - canberra (little johnny, bush's friend lives there) :lol

from melbourne, adelaide and sydney are pretty much the same distance away (70 min flight or 10 hour drive). sydney to brisbane might be similar but i've never done that trip. everything is pretty close, considering its a continent

These things interest me, why I'm not sure, but probably because I know how Campaigner feels about his (her?) city being left out. But Campaigner is really really far away from the east coast cities! I had no idea how far. So yeah, I learned something. :dancing

Definitely 'his' :D

I'm not really complaining too much about the band themselves (although they've been here before and named a song after Rottnest Island, which is just off the west coast), more the people in Australia who organise tours by bands and seemingly leave Perth and sometimes Adelaide completely out of the equation when the audience is here, all we need is the talent to come here.

As for flying across - it's a lovely idea but I can't keep doing it. Flew from Perth to Adelaide (via Melbourne - check that on the map and ask why on earth it would be cheaper) in November to see U2 (who also didn't come here) and it cost way too much money. I might have to move to Melbourne again...

So it'd be pretty much like me in DC flying all the way to LA just to see a concert. Too too crazy insane!!

:P

:lol

Hey, if you got the dough, it's show time! :party

PS, will you please have your plane stop in Fort Wayne and pick me up on your way to Largo next time you go? :yes

hi everyone i'm a newb. been lurking for a while but just had to say its great news this tour. the palais is a great venue, and i haven't seen wilco before so i'm really exited!!! :cheers

where abouts in melbourne are you (if you are!)?

is that you, jeff?

Mr Frog, this is not the Mr Jeff Tweedy, though I make the PM with him once and we exchange packages when postman is not too nasty (with signed guitar of splendour for friend Olsen as big highlight). It is some time since he make visit in this direction, and from before time of my research into the Wilco and debt of influence by the Abba. I am the nubile on this site of web as you say, no? Here is most strange pic from my research. I have the scratched head for sure at this sight:-

tourfraser.jpg

Is young Mr Jeff Tweedy in this pic on second of right? Did he make runaway in teenage stowaway style to follow the Abba on this tour? It is a great distance from the Middle West for a youth all lonesome! Your Mr Greek Kot fail in full research in his book on this fierce influence stage of Mr Jeff Tweedy musical development. Was he in full adoration of the Abba at this time, or just of the youth crush for the Lady Agnetha and the Lady Frida (I know this well my friends from experience of my person Ha! Ha! It was same for all youth of the red blood at this time, no? All except Professor from Stockholm perhaps.) How did Mr Jeff Tweedy get the back passage access and also sneaky peek with the Prime Minister of the Ozland? He must have been the excellent stalk man for sure! Even Natalia would be making the gawp at such technique! Is he asking question on song of "Hole In Your Soul"? (while your Lady Caughtknee Love is still oven bun babe?) Answer words of Mr Benny could make shape of direction for sound of the Yanknee Hotel Foxtrot album, no? This is one of the moments of the semen haul in history! And with deju view in later film of the Wilco if I have the true remembrance - only with foot having the other shoe on it for Mr Jeff Tweedy face the barrage of the fan types! I have a hat taken off to you Mr Jeff Tweedy for this Abba moment! Please make bean spillage of all experience as present to Abba Fan Club. I can make the summary and PowerPoint presentation for all at next annual conference. It is dream of all fans to have such knowledge of the insider! You are the lucky lucky bar steward for sure!

I have much research to do on this new toe pick. Please PM friends if you can make help for me. I appreciate! Welfare!

I'm not really complaining too much about the band themselves (although they've been here before and named a song after Rottnest Island, which is just off the west coast), more the people in Australia who organise tours by bands and seemingly leave Perth and sometimes Adelaide completely out of the equation when the audience is here, all we need is the talent to come here.

This happens in Canada all the time. Everyone plays Toronto (and sometimes Montreal) and forgets about the rest of us. Fortunately, Vancouver is close to Seattle so most bands stop here if they're touring the west coast of the United States. The Maritime Provinces (in the east) are a little more isolated, so they often miss out.

Maybe Wilco will add more Australian dates. It seems silly to travel so far and not include places like Perth. I'm crossing my fingers for you, Campaigner, 'cause even tour organisers have got Soul.

where abouts in melbourne are you (if you are!)?

brunswick. just a short tram ride to the palais. lol

what do people reckon is the best way to get tickets for this, cause i really don't want to miss it.