WILCO AUSTRALIAN TOUR CONFIRMED!

i heard today from a VC'er (:wave sharon) that the Palais will be selling tickets at 8am next friday at the venue. they're $82.50 (bit pricey compared to last time, but who cares) but they'll have the best tickets and give the rest to ticketmaster. might be worth it.

and the sydney tickets are $82.90

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i heard today from a VC'er (:wave sharon) that the Palais will be selling tickets at 8am next friday at the venue. they're $82.50 (bit pricey compared to last time, but who cares) but they'll have the best tickets and give the rest to ticketmaster. might be worth it.

so lineing up at the palais is the way to go then??? or can you order them by phone or email through the venue itself???

do ticketmaster have a pre-sale??

neither do i. i'll just go there on the day in the morning and see what happens. i'm sure there'll be good seats available that day as well.

yeah thats what i'll do as well. weird you can't pre-order in any other way then fax. what do you reckon the demand will be for these shows???

yeah thats what i'll do as well. weird you can't pre-order in any other way then fax. what do you reckon the demand will be for these shows???

Palaise is a big venue but if you want good seats I think you'll need to be there early. I think I might try ordering by fax (at the post office), even though I find ordering that way a bit strange. Queuing for tickets would be a good way to meet other Wilco fans though.

So far I can't find any reference on the ticketmaster or ticketec (for Sydney) sites.

:wave Mende

Palaise is a big venue but if you want good seats I think you'll need to be there early. I think I might try ordering by fax (at the post office), even though I find ordering that way a bit strange. Queuing for tickets would be a good way to meet other Wilco fans though.

So far I can't find any reference on the ticketmaster or ticketec (for Sydney) sites.

:wave Mende

yeah i thought about going to a post office, but it just seems too wierd.. faxing your details?? i'll look in to it.

I'm sure I could look this up pretty quickly on Google, but what does this convert to in US$?

I looked this up last night, but I wasn't sure it was correct so I didn't post it. But my calculator thingy showed it to be 65 USD. :unsure But maybe that's what it costs to move the band half-way around the globe.

Hi,

I'm completely new to this site, and I need some help!

I live in New Zealand and am planning to fly over for the Melb and Syd dates, as it doesn't look like they're announcing any NZ gigs.

But this ticket buying business is getting confusing. For travelling all that way I want to have good seats!

Is the Palais Theatre seating only, no GA/Standing at the front? If so I'll want to get in on the prebooking.

Going to their box office is kind of out of the question so I guess I'll need to find a fax machine...

So yeah, could someone please let me know the set up of the Palais? And how they get on pre-booking tickets? Thanks!

does any one know exactly what you have to fax them??? is it a photo copy of the credit card or just the number??? is there any format the need it in or can it just be a hand writen piece of paper..

and how do you know they get your fax and you get tickets??? do they let you know as soon as they've gotten it???

sorry just freakin out cause i really really want tickets..

filthy bastards at the palais. i just rang them about the fax presale and the deal is fax them your credit card details and you'll get a random seat without even knowing what it is. the lady was pretty arogant about it and couldnt wait to hang the phone up.

it was a case of "you'll get good seats - dont worry" CLICK

a friend of mine tried the same thing and got the same response.

if anyone is willing to take the chance for $82, let us know tickets you end up with.

first time something like has happened, and a weird way to sell tickets

dont know if its worth waiting till friday morning - at least that way, you'll see in person what you score

this is so confusing, i just want good tickets. you'd think it would be first in first served which would mean pre-sale were the best. and how do we know that lineing up on friday is going to give us any better seats??

Well after a frantic morning of trying to organise someone to send a fax for me while I was at work... I apparently now have two tickets for the Palais. No idea where I'm sitting. The person I'm going with rang them to confirm that the fax had worked, and the woman was incredibly relaxed about it. I guess it's out of my hands now and I'll just hope that when I come over to Australia I'll have two (decent) tickets waiting for me at the venue.

I guess I could call sometime later to ask where I'm seated, and ask about the venue's policy on cameras - does anyone know?